Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
For all the talk of our defence last season, we struggled because we didn't score enough goals its that simple and yes, on paper we have more than enough if all the players chip in but football isnt played on paper and we need another top class forward.

Sanchez is that player.
It was the chances missed as well that was a contribution, get our shooting boots on and we'll be ok.

I think we will defo sign a forward but pep likes players who can be flexible and play in a number of positions? Mbappe would be perfect to be honest as we can get possibly 10 years plus from killian and pep could make him one of the best ever!!
Do players sign 10 year + contracts or do you mean repeat contracts once we have him?

David Silva. We've got more options than we did at the start of last season. I think if Guardiola thought we were short, he would not have sanctioned the sale of Kelechi. We could also include Roberts
He listed Silva. We are one player short

For all the talk of our defence last season, we struggled because we didn't score enough goals its that simple and yes, on paper we have more than enough if all the players chip in but football isnt played on paper and we need another top class forward.

Sanchez is that player.

And not just last season. The year before Aguero and KDB were about it as far as scorers. When KDB was out for that long stretch we were pretty weak in all respects but IMO "going forward" was about the worst of them.

For me, get Sanchez/Mbappe if possible. Obviously. But if neither can be pulled off I think the vast upgrade at FB (particularly in Pep's system) will lead to a lot more scoring from all the forward players. Maybe I read too much from pre-season friendlies, but feels almost like Sterling is developing more of a finishing touch.

Sanchez is that player.
Why not Kasper Dolberg?

It doesn't make sense that we'd head into the new season with only 4 players for the front three positions. Especially when Aguero has had his injury problems.

We've just waved goodbye to Navas, Iheanacho & Nolito and some people think we're not signing any replacements?

Granted, Bernardo can fill in from time to time but I'd guess he'll rotate with Silva and KDB.

I'm not worried about Sanchez. I think we'll get this wrapped up, we just have to let it play out.

If we don't get Sanchez or Mbappe I think we'll keep Nasri and that would be fine I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.