Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keeping Sanchez is a huge gamble for Arsenal and I'm interested in seeing how it is going to play out.

Realistically, anything less than a major title challenge could see Sanchez and Ozil leave on a free next summer.

There's a realistic chance that they could start next season in the CL with a much weaker squad than now.

All very good points, its not a good position to be in, but taking in an extra 40m and losing Sanchez only makes a difficult situation a lot worse.

This deal has been dead for a month, if you look at actual events, not what people want to happen.

giphy.gif

It's up to Arsenal how they want to play it and we're not entitled to have them make this easy for us. That said though, if Arsenal were to lose both Sanchez and Ozil on a free next season, in the current market, they could be looking at having to spend up to £150m simply to stand still. Not to improve the team, but to just maintain it at it's current level before they even address where it might be improved. Even if Sanchez helps get them back into the Champions League, is it really worth it to be in position where they face a huge outlay to replace Sanchez and Ozil and will probably be making their usual exit in the round of 16 anyway.

Keeping Sanchez is a huge gamble for Arsenal and I'm interested in seeing how it is going to play out.

Realistically, anything less than a major title challenge could see Sanchez and Ozil leave on a free next summer.

There's a realistic chance that they could start next season in the CL with a much weaker squad than now.
Why are you assuming keeping Sanchez will guarantee them getting in the CL? It didn't last season.

Having read a transcript of Wenger's press conference it seems very likely he's staying at Arsenal. Some will be disappointed, but for the reasons Neville gave I don't think you should be. Are our incoming transfers now done? Looks like they might be. Job well done whatever the outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.