Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As an Arsenal fan, I hope we stick to our guns and keep Sanchez. We need to compete for top 4 next season and losing our best player will seriously damage our chances and given where the market is, we'd find it impossible to replace him. Yes, he can go for nothing next year meaning we lose out on c£50m, but if he helps secure us top 4, it's a price worth paying. If he goes we can kiss goodbye to top 4 and worse may lead to longer term decline with the awful prospect of our taking Spurs natural place in the table (below top 6). If he stays we have a good chance of top 4 and if secured will help reinforce our position in the more important longer term.

If we were in CL, hed have signed a contract extension, Ive no doubt about that.
Not a cat in hells chance. He'd have signed Kat summer otherwise, he had no reason to think you would qualify for the first time in 20 years.

It's wishful thinking on your part.

We are driving this car every day, Its not sitting in a show room doing nothing. If we sell the car, we ll have to walk everywhere, or maybe buy a push bike.

We have 200 million burning a hole in our bank account, we will be saving over 1m a week in wages next summer, we will be getting in up to 50m this summer in other sales.
We need to man up, keep our best player, give this season our best shot, if we achieve miracles he ll want to stay anyway, if he doesnt want to stay and we are back in CL thats extra money towards replacing him, even then we ll still have a couple of hundred millions and a huge reduction in wage bill.
I think even you can agree that is a huuuugggge stretch :) but if it helps you sleep.. I guess.

There's a garage around the corner that tries to sell cars at ludicrously over-inflated prices. They sit there on the forecourt for months, until eventually the owner drops the price a bit. Then more months and then he drops the price a bit more. And more months etc. But then the car is older, and not worth the new lower price. So it sits there longer still.

And all that time, his capital is tied up and not earning him money. Basically the man is a fool. He's in denial, to the huge detriment of his business. He fails to grasp the nettle and to realise that his asset is only worth the market price and he should sell it for the market price and move on.

The way Arsenal should be looking at this is:

To sign a top, top striker on a 5-year contract is perhaps going to cost us £80 to £100m in the current market. If we sell Sanchez for £50m, it's going to cost us £50m net. If we wait a year, we'll have to let him go for nothing and then we'll have to fork out perhaps £120m for a replacement, because the prices are definitely on the up. Therefore we should man up and buy a top quality replacement for Sanchez right now. Give the fans something to actually cheer about, instead for forcing a player who doesn't want to be there to play for you. If I was running Arsenal, I'd be moving heaven and earth to sign Mbappe, at whatever price.
*applauds*

As an Arsenal fan, I hope we stick to our guns and keep Sanchez. We need to compete for top 4 next season and losing our best player will seriously damage our chances and given where the market is, we'd find it impossible to replace him. Yes, he can go for nothing next year meaning we lose out on c£50m, but if he helps secure us top 4, it's a price worth paying. If he goes we can kiss goodbye to top 4 and worse may lead to longer term decline with the awful prospect of our taking Spurs natural place in the table (below top 6). If he stays we have a good chance of top 4 and if secured will help reinforce our position in the more important longer term.
"We'd find it impossible to replace him on the cheap" is what you mean.

But if you sell him you have 50m extra to buy a replacement so that 70/80m that you might already have becomes 130m you're telling me you couldn't get an adequate replacement for that sort of money and a player who will be motivated to play for you to boot.

As it stands, you will be keeping a player who doesn't want to be there, against his will, possibly destroying team morale and togetherness something that money literally can't buy. If I was Sanchez and I was kept against my will for a season in a short career, I'd turn it on in games that didn't matter to me, to protect my reputation, whilst doing as much damage as possible to the club through momentary lapses in effort and also to avoid injury that might scupper my new deal. It's lose everywhere you look for Arsenal in that scenario.

Neymar wanted to leave arguably the biggest club in the world, he's gone.

No player is irreplaceable no matter how good they are.

No you can't. You can't even afford to replace them this season if you received £100m for the three.

We actually can, the money is there we just dont use it.
There seems to be a weird notion on here that we are a poor club, no one in Europe makes more every home game, our prices are sky high and we sell out, and we have been in CL for 20 years. On top of the crazy new tv deals. And two billionaire shareholders. The money is not an issue, just the ambition.

We actually can, the money is there we just dont use it.
There seems to be a weird notion on here that we are a poor club, no one in Europe makes more every home game, our prices are sky high and we sell out, and we have been in CL for 20 years. On top of the crazy new tv deals. The money is not an issue, just the ambition.
But that's the thing. You can't afford to spend it or you won't spend it. It's the same thing. The money isn't being spent.

You'll lose the three players and try and replace them on the cheap and fall further behind yet again.

You've a very real danger of doing a Liverpool and making the CL once every five or six years. It would drive me mental to be an Arsenal fan right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.