Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll see...never thought they'd sell tbh. They just can't. They'll appear a joke for the next decade if they did.

Perhaps if Mbappe falls through we'll throw 70-75m as a last chance effort.

They are business-oriented which is why they might have realized that losing Sanchez on a free (and potential 50 mil) is more acceptable than finishing than 7th in the table and missing out on CL/EL money.

They are actually losing 50m plus wages. What you are mentioning is a gamble, Arsenal does not gamble. They didn't get top 4 with Sanchez and aren't guaranteed top 4 next season if he stays.

Have they ever done anything similar before? They haven't. I would be very surprised if Ozil and Ox stay and leave next year on a free. Arsenal would be throwing away 100m+ all 3 included, shocking business really. They must have some kind of plan.

If they are smart (I know they are not as stupid as they seem) they will sell Sanchez, add some money and get Lemar. Then they will either tie Ozil and Ox down to new deals or sell Ozil for around 40m and Ox for around 15-20.

Same situation with Barkley, entering the last year and Everton confirm that he will sign a new deal or be sold, the difference is Everton are upfront and honest in their admission. Those are the only two options as well. Player signs a new deal or is sold.

The only time I remember a top player that would fetch a large transfer fee leaving on a free transfer is Lewandowski and I don't recall the exact reason Dortmund didn't sell him with one year left, they gambled he would stay and it didn't pay off??

I do. I'm just not deluded thinking we can get Alexis after no bids been made and 0 transfer requests have been made.
Mate, no-one knew squat about Bernardo Silva until his signing was announced. Kelechi is a top prospect, but to play for Pep, you not only have to be a top class goal scorer, you have to be a top class footballer which Kelechi isn't......... YET!

This is why he was sold with a buy back option. We have faith that he may sufficiently improve in the future, but for now, we need more and Kelechi is quite up to the mark yet. This is why Pep said on Friday that 'We need more', & if you can't understand that's why WHU & Leicester were the highest grade clubs interested in him, you'll never full grasp what it takes to become a truly top class team challenging for honours on all fronts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any body language experts able to assess his behaviour this afternoon and what it could mean for any potential transfer to City?

I've no training, and I've not seen the video, so let me answer this one...

3pm Presser tommorow.

(I'm thinking Arsene knows what 'Cost Of Opportunity" means. The guy probably plots a graph to decide which side of bed to get out of.)

Any body language experts able to assess his behaviour this afternoon and what it could mean for any potential transfer to City?
You don't need to be a body language expert mate to see what was going on today. When handed the shield, he hid behind it & only lightly had his hands on it whilst Jenkinson was carrying the weight of it and then he took it back. On the pitch, Sanchez's head was slightly lowered with his eyes rolled to the top which is a sure sign, someone is uncomfortable & has something to hide.

No body language expert needed & I'm not one given over to hyperbole... I'm just calling what I saw & replayed several times to make absolutely sure.

They are actually losing 50m plus wages. What you are mentioning is a gamble, Arsenal does not gamble. They didn't get top 4 with Sanchez and aren't guaranteed top 4 next season if he stays.

Have they ever done anything similar before? They haven't. I would be very surprised if Ozil and Ox stay and leave next year on a free. Arsenal would be throwing away 100m+ all 3 included, shocking business really. They must have some kind of plan.

If they are smart (I know they are not as stupid as they seem) they will sell Sanchez, add some money and get Lemar. Then they will either tie Ozil and Ox down to new deals or sell Ozil for around 40m and Ox for around 15-20.

Same situation with Barkley, entering the last year and Everton confirm that he will sign a new deal or be sold, the difference is Everton are upfront and honest in their admission. Those are the only two options as well. Player signs a new deal or is sold.

The only time I remember a top player that would fetch a large transfer fee leaving on a free transfer is Lewandowski and I don't recall the exact reason Dortmund didn't sell him with one year left, they gambled he would stay and it didn't pay off??

This is a very logical assertion. I'm caught up on the fact that they can't afford to slip further down the table. It's already panic mode. What if they unload Sanchez, to us of all places, and they finish 6th and fizzle out of the Europa league? Chaos. They can't allow this to happen. At any cost. Plus they've played the we needed the money card previously. They can't do that now. Their image would be shot for a decade if they sell to us.

It's not a case of money it's damage control at this point? Your take?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.