Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a frightening lack of knowledge.

FFP is dead, or certainly close, imo.

Why is FFP dead?

That's nothing to do with why PSG or City are spending a big amount.

In City's case for definite, we're spending a big amount because we can afford it.

Why is FFP dead?

In City's case for definite, we're spending a big amount because we can afford it.

Hi ManCityX

Your comments echo my thoughts but I have posted without any real knowledge.
Perhaps you could elaborate on why City can afford to pay. I assume you mean keeping within the FFP regs which are alive but not yet kicking for us.

Why is FFP dead?

The 2 are not related. We are spending within the boundaries, clearly.

FFP was designed to stop club's like ourselves and PSG. I think, and it's only an opinion, that the goal posts have been seriously shifted in respect of the initial set up.

I think if they go for us again, the next legal challenge will see the end of it.

Hi Proy,

However our lack of knowledge is the problem so where do we get educated _ Seemingly the media in your eyes regurgitates what was a major problem for us and PSG because we both spend for investment so to the average City fan it seems logical we must be approaching that imbalance of income against purchases.
The amortisation of player purchases went some way to explaining how we should look at our yearly spend and a read through balance sheet thread also helps but perhaps our frightening lack of knowledge can be helped if we are given accountancy ammunition to enable the alarmist press to be countered.

Other than that only those with accountancy knowledge will be privy to the truth and we react again and again to the media speculation.

The poster I quoted challenged an opinion that was very black and white.

Nobody will ever know the full detail, but to make as many unfounded assumptions as some do is just a criminal lack of knowledge.

It's assuming that FFP is some watertight, you can't spend shit all kind of policy.

It isn't

"Perhaps you could elaborate on why City can afford to pay."

Just go to the FFP thread its discussed ad nauseum on there.

Thanks KLF but is that thread relating to FFP as it was and have the rules not been relaxed to accommodate the Milan Clubs ?
This is the problem, if we get opinion saying it is dead and buried and other opinion saying it is not but we are now safely within its parameters then it seems to be a moving target.

I think the Balance Sheet thread is trying to keep a track of our spending and presumably we will as a club be at the forefront of its current state.

Thanks KLF but is that thread relating to FFP as it was and have the rules not been relaxed to accommodate the Milan Clubs ?
This is the problem, if we get opinion saying it is dead and buried and other opinion saying it is not but we are now safely within its parameters then it seems to be a moving target.

I think the Balance Sheet thread is trying to keep a track of our spending and presumably we will as a club be at the forefront of its current state.
The rules have been relaxed for clubs with new owners, nothing has changed for PSG or ourselves. Whether they could enforce them now is another matter , but the rules haven't changed and ourselves and probably PSG will be within the rules by the time the window is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.