Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day it has fuck all to do with City what Aresenal do or don't do with Sanchez , he is under contract with them , if they want to sell him then that's completely up to them , all this calling them a small minded small time club is total bollocks.
Agreed

What if they keep Sanchez and finish 6th? Sanchez goes on a free and they need a replacement that will cost them a minimum of 50m. What if Ozil and Ox do the same? Leave on a free and need another 60m to replace them both. Is Kroenke ready to invest serious money into Arsenal if that happens. If not they could struggle to get back to the CL. Ruined for years.

Kroenke and any other owner is selling Sanchez if he doesn't sign a new deal. We'll see if Real Madrid sell or keep Isco, he also has a year left, said many times he would sign the renewal but still hasn't, Real will sell him if he doesn't sign, its that simple.

If Im the Arsenal owner and my top player wants to leave and publicly states "I want to play in the Champions League" and my club is playing in the Europa League, the answer is clear. Plus Im giving up 50m & wages to keep a player that doesn't even want to be there. The most over looked aspect is what kind of effect the constant media speculation will have on team morale and club image. Sanchez is entering the last year and can sign a pre contract in January. He will have many, many offers from every top club in the world. The most sought after free agent in history. Already in October, we'll start hearing about Sanchez being linked to every single club. He can anywhere he wants to and make serious money. Wenger will get asked in every press conference about Sanchez, the questions will never stop. This will damage team morale, especially if Arsenal are out of the top 4 at that point. It would destroy them. Much better to just sell him and reinvest in a younger player that will be happy to be there.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Personally, i'm really happy with the way we look. It would be great to get Sanchez and/or Mbappe, but no big deal if they don't happen.
If we can carry the energy and general play, from the friendlies, into the season, it's going to be a great watch.
I feel pretty much the same. I do think we need to start taking more of our chances, but although I do think we will still give up the odd chance to score against us, because of the high risk tactics, if we lose the ball, I don't see our odd mistake costing us the same number of points as last year.

Also, I might be being over optimistic but I'm also hoping for less controversial decisions costing us points. I'm hoping City have addressed this behind the scenes. (Yeah I'm paranoid, I know)

So ultimately I see us trying to play the same as last year on a more level playing field with s younger squad and a defence and goalkeeper that won't let in as many goals. What's not to like.

Not a huge deal if he comes next summer.

There's no way he extends at Arsenal.

It's better if we get him next summer for FREE. If Sanchez comes now, it would hinder Jesus from getting sufficient gametime. Next season we will have a better idea on whether Jesus can lead the forward line for us.

It's better if we get him next summer for FREE. If Sanchez comes now, it would hinder Jesus from getting sufficient gametime. Next season we will have a better idea on whether Jesus can lead the forward line for us.

We definitely need another goalscorer to come in. There are far too many games in a season for us to rely on just Serg and Jesus, we have absolutely no cover now as Nolito, Kalechi have gone, with hopefully Bony on the way out too. I understand people saying we will probably play with one striker, but one bad injury to either of our guys, will mean the other will need to play every game.

I wouldn't care whether it was Mbappe or Sanchez, but we need at least one to cover a long season chasing four trophies.

I don't think anyone's going to hinder Jesus' game time. That's Peps golden boy. Worry about Aguero more than Jesus when it comes to gametime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.