Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK. It's a little difficult to adjust to a period when you're backing a player like Sterling to succeed and then change is in the air which is going to change everything.
If not Sanchez, then who ? or would you go into a 60 game season with 4 players for 3 positions ?

If not Sanchez, then who ? or would you go into a 60 game season with 4 players for 3 positions ?

Who are your 4 players for 3 positions? I guess front 3 and players are Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Jesus? If so I think we would have Roberts in the squad and you also have to factor in that any 1 of Silva, B Silva and KDB can play in a front. I don't think we are short up top. I'd still take Sanchez though.

Who are your 4 players for 3 positions? I guess front 3 and players are Aguero, Sane, Sterling, Jesus? If so I think we would have Roberts in the squad and you also have to factor in that any 1 of Silva, B Silva and KDB can play in a front. I don't think we are short up top. I'd still take Sanchez though.
They could all play a role in the front 3 I agree, but if we got to Feb / March and either Jesus or Aguero got injured then the other one would have to play centrally every game, Sane, Sterling, Roberts and the 2 Silvas couldn't fill in centrally without a big drop off at the crucial hopefully busiest part of the Season Sanchez could. Plus if Bernardo Silva is being relied on to cover the front 3 it leaves us short for resting Silva as well and we saw the drop off this season when he wasn't available.

They could all play a role in the front 3 I agree, but if we got to Feb / March and either Jesus or Aguero got injured then the other one would have to play centrally every game, Sane, Sterling, Roberts and the 2 Silvas couldn't fill in centrally without a big drop off at the crucial hopefully busiest part of the Season Sanchez could. Plus if Bernardo Silva is being relied on to cover the front 3 it leaves us short for resting Silva as well and we saw the drop off this season when he wasn't available.

I don't see it the same way. Last season we had Navas in the mix and we did not have Jesus for the whole season. If you take Navas out and assume that B Silva fill's that slot then we have improved the quality significantly. Then you factor in that with Jesus we essentially an additional player that could fit in anywhere across the front 3.

On a like for like we are basically one player up and one player has been significantly upgraded. Nacho might leave but then he hardly played so numbers wise we are good as it stands and with Sanchez we probably have 1 too many but that is generally where managers like to be.

Seems they expect Bayern to pay around €41-43m for him, which is an absolute bargain in today's market. Perhaps not surprising City would have to add on at least another 10m, but Arsenal being so willing to let him go, and eat the negative publicity, way under value is still ridiculous.

It all hinges on Bayern's willingness to pay his wages and/or if Alexis continues to push for City. Neither being a gimme, you'd have to wonder if Pep has a fallback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.