Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It shouldn't stop us from having a real go in signing Sanchez (he would be an excellent addition to our team). However, Liverpool did manage to persuade Suarez, despite him being unsettled, and Arsenal putting in a laughable bid near the end of that transfer window, to sign a new deal and stay for one more season without them being in Europe. It also possible for Arsenal to do the same with Sanchez.

Last edited:
The fun is just starting!;)

Telegraph Football‏Verified account @TeleFootball 13m13 minutes ago
Arsene Wenger wants to sign Riyad Mahrez but confirms Arsenal will reject all bids for Ozil and Sanchez

Then you have a pissed off Sanchez who leaves on a free next summer! This is going to be fun.

A year is a long time in football. Keeping Sanchez and Ozil and strengthening on top of them is the best way for Arsenal to make a run at the League and get back in CL. If that happens a year on and Sanchez is offered the wages he wants, will he then want to leave? Also, will City still want him at the end of next season?

Sanchez may be pissed off initially if the City transfer doesn't happen this window but he has a World Cup next year. He'll want to be playing in the lead-up to that no matter who he is playing for.

Can definitely see it as a possibility that Arsenal keep Sanchez. How likely it will be given the money that will be on offer is another matter.

Still hopeful City will snag him.

Arsenal must sell him in this window. You don't let an asset like Sanchez walk away on a free. Arsene is pass master at these antics, it will run all summer and we will eventually get him...

If Sanchez was 25 I could see him giving Arsenal 1 more year, but at 28 (29 in December) I just don't see how he can miss a season out of the Chsmpiobs League.

The lad is 28, has 1 year left, wants to win the big trophies, and wants to be paid big money. Can Arsenal offer that?

I think City can.

We'd have won the league that year if it weren't for the refs. Just ask all those top players we bought: Sinclair, Rodwell, Garcia and Maicon.
36 year old family man, Phil Jones, Tom Daley, Zinedine Cleverly and that Dutch left back that disappeared off the face of the earth...

Qualifying for Champions League is worth around 50 Million, therefore its better to keep Sanchez even if he leave for Free.

At the end of the day their chance to qualify is better with Sanchez.
This would make sense if Sanchez's ambition matched that of arsenal- that is , just aim for top 4 and pick up the TV money as per every year since we can remember, coupled with the fact that they have just handed another 2 years to the architect of this strategy.
If , however , he would actually like to win the CL , and the domestic title, with time on his career running short, which of the two clubs, us or them, would give him the greater opportunity?

I think Arsenal will dig their heels in on this one. I think they'd rather see him leave on a free next season at this stage. If they are to have any hope of getting their top 4 status back next season they need to keep Sanchez and to a lesser extent Ozil. If they sell either or both there's no way they can attract the players they need. and they'll be riots from their god awful fans for the next two years. They can't replace him regardless of how much they get for him so It's probably worth more to Arsenal keeping him, splashing the cash in order to get back into the top 4 and hope for a change of heart or see him go for free the year after, they'll make the money back they'd lose seeing him leave on a free in champions league money. Us getting Sanchez is Arsenal conceding they're no longer a top 4 club. I just don't think they can do it.

I think Arsenal will dig their heels in on this one. I think they'd rather see him leave on a free next season at this stage. If they are to have any hope of getting their top 4 status back next season they need to keep Sanchez and to a lesser extent Ozil. If they sell either or both there's no way they can attract the players they need. and they'll be riots from their god awful fans for the next two years. They can't replace him regardless of how much they get for him so It's probably worth more to Arsenal keeping him, splashing the cash in order to get back into the top 4 and hope for a change of heart or see him go for free the year after, they'll make the money back they'd lose seeing him leave on a free in champions league money. Us getting Sanchez is Arsenal conceding they're no longer a top 4 club. I just don't think they can do it.

Well that's the logical thing to do for arsenal, keep sanchez for a year meaning a better chance of top four. Their owner won't want too see one world class player and one really good player leave for free next season though.

Keeping him for a year against his will could almost certainly backfire. I doubt he just roll his sleeves up and put in every week if he does really want to leave. It could well unsettle everyone, and actually work against them. He could be forced to sit it out, and they would lose millions if he was sold in January, because all buyers would know the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.