Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's exceptionally gifted, a proven performer in the premier league and hard working, but 28 years of age which as a seesaw suggests he is on the wane with the amount of young prospective talent available at a younger age and at 50 million, would he be an essential acquisition for Man City? Pep will tell.

Qualifying for Champions League is worth around 50 Million, therefore its better to keep Sanchez even if he leave for Free.

At the end of the day their chance to qualify is better with Sanchez.
Because Sanchez guarantees a CL spot. Like this season.

It's exactly the same as with RVP and Nasri. Wenger talks tough and then they sell.

Sanchez may be pissed off initially if the City transfer doesn't happen this window but he has a World Cup next year. He'll want to be playing in the lead-up to that no matter who he is playing for.
Arsenal aren't going to keep him and then not play him whilst at the same time lose out on £50m.

Wenger has just signed a new deal. I know they are an absolute shithouse club, & Wenger has no shame, but he could possibly have demanded certain conditions.

It would be shambolic if the club were to sell a player Wenger insists is not available for transfer, right from under his nose, after just giving him a new deal.

It's not impossible imo, that part of the agreement could be they don't sell their top players, behind Wenger's back, unless perhaps those players put in an official transfer request. Then Arse have a 'getout' clause.

I don't see how they would set Wenger up to look a complete tool, after giving him a new deal.

Wenger has just signed a new deal. I know they are an absolute shithouse club, & Wenger has no shame, but he could possibly have demanded certain conditions.

It would be shambolic if the club were to sell a player Wenger insists is not available for transfer, right from under his nose, after just giving him a new deal.

It's not impossible imo, that part of the agreement could be they don't sell their top players, behind Wenger's back, unless perhaps those players put in an official transfer request. Then Arse have a 'getout' clause.

I don't see how they would set Wenger up to look a complete tool, after giving him a new deal.
I really do think Wenger's wanting to stay has pretty much nothing to do with Sanchez's situation. It's not like Wenger just won the league and FA and the board are pleading with him to stay on. In fact it's the other way round. For the first time in forever they are going to miss out on UCL football so we can safely say he didn't do great laat season. I really don't think it was a case of Wenger giving conditions before accepting to sign a new contract. I feel it's more about the board showing their loyalty to him. That being said I think a Arsenal have an option to have his contract run and then see him go next season on a free. I'm only hoping that they'll cooperate and do the needful though.

I really do think Wenger's wanting to stay has pretty much nothing to do with Sanchez's situation. It's not like Wenger just won the league and FA and the board are pleading with him to stay on. In fact it's the other way round. For the first time in forever they are going to miss out on UCL football so we can safely say he didn't do great laat season. I really don't think it was a case of Wenger giving conditions before accepting to sign a new contract. I feel it's more about the board showing their loyalty to him. That being said I think a Arsenal have an option to have his contract run and then see him go next season on a free. I'm only hoping that they'll cooperate and do the needful though.

I think it's because Wenger plays their game & another manager wouldn't.

Therefore, I would be surprised if they would make a fool out of him by selling a player he says is staying. It automatically makes his position untenable with the fams & blads imo.

I haven't followed it myself as I'm working outside the country but if Wenger has said that, then imo it would require a transfer request from the players involved, for them to save face.

But, Arsenal are a pathetic organisation so it's not impossible this is just another example.

A year is a long time in football. Keeping Sanchez and Ozil and strengthening on top of them is the best way for Arsenal to make a run at the League and get back in CL. If that happens a year on and Sanchez is offered the wages he wants, will he then want to leave? Also, will City still want him at the end of next season?

Sanchez may be pissed off initially if the City transfer doesn't happen this window but he has a World Cup next year. He'll want to be playing in the lead-up to that no matter who he is playing for.

Can definitely see it as a possibility that Arsenal keep Sanchez. How likely it will be given the money that will be on offer is another matter.

Still hopeful City will snag him.

The fact that it's a World Cup year has absolutely zero bearing in the case of Sanchez.

He's Chile's best player, and therefore to worry about his chances to make his national team is the same as worrying about Ronaldo's chances of making the Portugal national team. It's a given.

Alexis can force the move if he so badly wants by refusing to train or even play the pre-season. If he does that they will be forced to sell him.

The fact that it's a World Cup year has absolutely zero bearing in the case of Sanchez.

He's Chile's best player, and therefore to worry about his chances to make his national team is the same as worrying about Ronaldo's chances of making the Portugal national team. It's a given.

Agree that he's Chile's best player and it's a given he will be at the World Cup. He will want to be match sharp going into it though. To do that he has to play. If Wenger doesn't let him leave he may be pissed about it but he will still want to play and play well.

You may be right about it having zero bearing. He strikes me as the type of guy that no matter what is happening around him, he wants to be on the pitch playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.