Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely if Sanchez comes to City he understands that he will be rotated. He only has to look at Aguero to see no one is guaranteed starts.

You would think that, a blind man can see the competition he has if he joins, so you assume that would be part of his decision making process. If I was Wenger I would be trying to emphasise and exaggerate it mind you, but then I'd be trying all the wee tricks in the book haha.

Arsenal fan here, not posted in a while, just having a read through from your end of the Sanchez situation.

I still think that this can go 1 of 3 ways. I'm not taking Wenger comments about him and Ozil staying as gospel, I seem to remember him saying similar comments about Cesc and Nasri, something along the lines of you don't sell if you are a big club, low and behold a few weeks later they are away.

From my point of view, I'd try and make Sanchez stay the extra year regardless. We need a top striker first and foremost, and that will prove difficult enough for us. I've little confidence of Arsenal being able to do that and replace Sanchez adequately in the 1 summer. If I thought they would, I'd be more open to selling him. It also depends how much of a fuss he potentially kicks up though. Will he begrudgingly accept the decision, or will he strop and kick up a stink? We'd obviously need to try and gauge that.

Now, obviously from an Arsenal perspective, it would be preferable to sell him if we had to to Bayern. Players heads always get turned while on international duty, so you can imagine that Vidal is in his ear in the quiet moments. Now Bayern won't pay him what tus or you can, but I'm wondering if some sort of arrangement could be made where they pay slightly less of a transfer fee for a bigger signing on fee.

So there's a few different things that need answered. Would he stay and accept it? Is it City or only City if he moves, or is he open to Bayern?

It would be interesting to see how he adapts his mentality at City (or Bayern even). This is a guy that insists on playing every game, even against the likes of Lincoln. He often sulks when not playing, and sometimes even when he comes off as sub. He'd obviously not get that at City if the likes of Sane, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling and Bernardo need to get game time. Be interesting to see how accommodating he is off that.
Not sure re the sulking mate, Pep knows him well and he didn't start every game for Barcelona. He may of course have changed but he will know Pep well enough to know that there are no guarantees

Looks like Arses interested in Mahrez -£50m quoted. If they pay that then I think the amounts we are paying are pretty good to date.

Arsenal fan here, not posted in a while, just having a read through from your end of the Sanchez situation.

I still think that this can go 1 of 3 ways. I'm not taking Wenger comments about him and Ozil staying as gospel, I seem to remember him saying similar comments about Cesc and Nasri, something along the lines of you don't sell if you are a big club, low and behold a few weeks later they are away.

From my point of view, I'd try and make Sanchez stay the extra year regardless. We need a top striker first and foremost, and that will prove difficult enough for us. I've little confidence of Arsenal being able to do that and replace Sanchez adequately in the 1 summer. If I thought they would, I'd be more open to selling him. It also depends how much of a fuss he potentially kicks up though. Will he begrudgingly accept the decision, or will he strop and kick up a stink? We'd obviously need to try and gauge that.

Now, obviously from an Arsenal perspective, it would be preferable to sell him if we had to to Bayern. Players heads always get turned while on international duty, so you can imagine that Vidal is in his ear in the quiet moments. Now Bayern won't pay him what tus or you can, but I'm wondering if some sort of arrangement could be made where they pay slightly less of a transfer fee for a bigger signing on fee.

So there's a few different things that need answered. Would he stay and accept it? Is it City or only City if he moves, or is he open to Bayern?

It would be interesting to see how he adapts his mentality at City (or Bayern even). This is a guy that insists on playing every game, even against the likes of Lincoln. He often sulks when not playing, and sometimes even when he comes off as sub. He'd obviously not get that at City if the likes of Sane, Aguero, Jesus, Sterling and Bernardo need to get game time. Be interesting to see how accommodating he is off that.
Arsenal could point blank refuse to sell to an English club. Will Alexis insist on a move to City when Bayern are involved? He'd be pretty much guaranteed everything you'd think he'd want at Bayern: money and trophies. City are looking very strong now, but Bayern are in a one club league, whereas City could spend £300m and win nothing. It does look like he will leave for either Bayern or City.

Do you think that sanchez can continue at the level he is now at for much longer? I am a little worried about his age. He is the no. 1 footballer in the Premier League, but for how much longer when a big aspect of his game is power and pace?

You may be right about International duty, wouldn't mind Vidal in CM, but we are stocked with Fernandinho, Toure and Gundogan

Not sure re the sulking mate, Pep knows him well and he didn't start every game for Barcelona. He may of course have changed but he will know Pep well enough to know that there are no guarantees
I have never seen him like this. He is a fighter and perhaps the only one at Arsenal, but does look like at times that he is angry with his own players.

I have never seen him like this. He is a fighter and perhaps the only one at Arsenal, but does look like at times that he is angry with his own players.

He is angry at Arsenal players because they're shite.

What's the consensus on here about Sanchez? I don't see him as an upgrade on any of our current striking options personally. We surely don't need 4 strikers and I'd rather play Aguero or Jesus. And possibly Nacho too, since he's more of a goal poacher. Seems like a lot of money for something we don't need.

We were not clinical in front of goal last season. Pep has spoken about it.

We need more options & Sanchez scores, assists & can play across the forward line.

He also has a winning attitude, bringing a wealth of experience which could help to develop some of our younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.