Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
pepalexis-1480944099-800.jpg

Completely agree. He also turns up and produces in the biggest of matches and you just cannot buy that. Sadly something lacking in some of our players. Of the money we have spent on players over the last couple of years 50 million would be a steal.

Be interesting to hear what the Arsenal fan says but from what I have seen he also has a great eye for a pass and links play superbly.

He does have a great eye for a pass, and is very creative as well as being a good finisher. It's why I think Wenger has refrained from playing him as the main striker, because it kind of takes things away from the rest of his game.

Don't get me wrong, he tends to hold on to the ball way too long at times, and he can lose possession a lot....sometimes in dangerous situations. Sometimes it's a case of why doing a straight forward pass from A to B, when he can do a dribble, 3 pirouettes and lose and regain possession to get there.
But the good thing about him is that even in games he is playing average, he's always capable of providing a game changing moment.

He does have a great eye for a pass, and is very creative as well as being a good finisher. It's why I think Wenger has refrained from playing him as the main striker, because it kind of takes things away from the rest of his game.

Don't get me wrong, he tends to hold on to the ball way too long at times, and he can lose possession a lot....sometimes in dangerous situations. Sometimes it's a case of why doing a straight forward pass from A to B, when he can do a dribble, 3 pirouettes and lose and regain possession to get there.
But the good thing about him is that even in games he is playing average, he's always capable of providing a game changing moment.
That and he works his balls off.

Thanks for the response. He does appear to hold onto the ball too often but like you say the flip side is he has the ability to open up a game by beating a man and creating space for others.

Really great player and it must have been a pleasure to watch him regularly over the last few years.

Love Sanchez. Really want him at the club tbh.

Though (!), I remember reading a line by Marti Perarnau in one of his books where he mentioned Pep once said: "The players who can pass well as well as retain the ball the most are the special ones!"

Sanchez is apparently the second most dispossessed player in Europe, and in BPL he's made the most misplaced passes of anybody, for the 16/17 campaign :P.

Just for kicks, what y'all think about that?

Love Sanchez. Really want him at the club tbh.

Though (!), I remember reading a line by Marti Perarnau in one of his books where he mentioned Pep once said: "The players who can pass well as well as retain the ball the most are the special ones!"

Sanchez is apparently the second most dispossessed player in Europe, and in BPL he's made the most misplaced passes of anybody, for the 16/17 campaign :P.

Just for kicks, what y'all think about that?
It's probably different when you're in a side where you're the only person who can make something happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.