Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be pointless to spend 130m on young attackers only to hamper their progression by doing this. Great player not sure how you can incorporate Silva x2, KDB, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, Alexis into maybe 4-5 positions and get maximum development out of the younger players. I'm all for rotation but some players need continuity.

Would be pointless to spend 130m on young attackers only to hamper their progression by doing this. Great player not sure how you can incorporate Silva x2, KDB, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, Alexis into maybe 4-5 positions and get maximum development out of the younger players. I'm all for rotation but some players need continuity.

Pretty sure, listening to Khaldoon, City aren't interested in being a development club (see: Dortmund)

Sanchez makes us better, much better even, and unless we take steps like this then we'll piss away the Guardiola years instead of riding it to the top of the world. That's not progression at all.

FWIW, I see no issue with adding another rotation option. If our young players are good enough, then they will play. If not, they won't. Nothing's changing except instead of replacing an off-form Sterling, or injured Aguero, or tired Sane with Iheanacho, it's Sanchez.

Just play Kompany in defence and Ederson as rush goalie, sorted :)

Us as fans need to get over this mentality. If somebody improves you and there's even a chance to bring them in, you do it.(even more so when it weakens a league rival) We're fortunate enough to be one of a very select few clubs where what we spend literally doesn't matter other than abiding to the rules and we need to start abusing that position we're in and become the club the owners want, a club that dominates year on year.

Forget about potentially upsetting a few who don't get enough games, when you're winning everything they don't care half as much and if they do end up leaving they'll simply be replaced with alternatives of similar quality who all want to come and experience winning the titles. Kids will still progress and they'll make the team or stay in the team if they're truly good enough. Look at Madrid who have just eased to their second champions league in as many years, they've got Ascensio coming through despite the talent and had the likes of Bale and Morata on the bench and the likes of James rodriguez and Pepe couldn't even make the bench!

Wenger's only hope is persuading Sanchez to sign a contract extension. IMO unless he can do this he'd be a fool to stop him going this year.

Although I accept some of the arguments on his age I think we would get at least 3 seasons out of him. He's the best player in the league - we'd be stupid not to try and get him.

Wenger's only hope is persuading Sanchez to sign a contract extension. IMO unless he can do this he'd be a fool to stop him going this year.

Although I accept some of the arguments on his age I think we would get at least 3 seasons out of him. He's the best player in the league - we'd be stupid not to try and get him.

Arsenal have made a big song & dance about how they are no longer a club whose assets can be picked off by the likes of us.

It would undermine everything if they didn't back Wenger on this.

Arsenal have made a big song & dance about how they are no longer a club whose assets can be picked off by the likes of us.

It would undermine everything if they didn't back Wenger on this.

They made a similar song and dance over Nasri, only to not back Wenger.

Much has changed in that time, but Kroenke's nonchalant greed and Gazidi's kow-towing to the powers that be, make it unlikely in the extreme Arsenal will hold him and watch him walk for free.

Further, I'd wager Arsenal see this as the last chance to have him off to a club outside the PL, otherwise he'll be at City the following year and they'll have nothing but egg on their faces to show for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.