Chances created - 78 - 3rd
Tackles - 39 - 3rd
Interceptions - 24 - 7th
Passes complete - 1204 - 9th
Pass accuracy - 73% - Last
Headed goals - 3 - 1st
Weak foot goals - 3 - Joint 1st
Outside the area - 3 - 2nd

Even though his productivity is incredible, his passing accuracy is surprisingly poor.

TL;DR "When I played professional sports, I wasn't happy even when winning things if I wasn't a regular starter. Therefore, others who play professional sports wouldn't be happy either."

I'm not sure I buy the "happy if winning things" argument either, at least in some cases (like say, Michy Batshuayi) but we are talking about a group of players that will all get rotated and all see regular play across multiple competitions, both starting and off the bench. This isn't the same as sitting on your ass for regular intervals and only getting on for the last five minutes.

Even if that was the case though, I'm not sure the club is at a stage where it cares as much as it once did. If you're good enough to play, you'll play. Competition, in this regard, is healthy and normal. Furthermore, City have entrenched themselves very much in "win now" mode in an attempt to make the most of the Guardiola years and get as far as we can. To not sign the best players available, would be detrimental to that.

For sure they probably did, but I think Wenger is doing the only thing he can do by suggesting the club won't sell Sanchez - making Sanchez out to be the bad guy in the event of a move and absolving himself, and the club, of liability. It also strengthens negotiations too, and is very much a predictable response all round.

They could yet hold onto Sanchez, but it's only really delaying the inevitable and it seems more likely to me that Wenger would want the money for transfers rather than an unhappy Sanchez for another season.

I'm sure he would, but the point I am making is that I suspect Wenger has the backing of the club on this occasion & that Sanchez will have to push this if it is to happen. Thus allowing Wenger to say they had no choice.

Otherwise I believe they will back Wenger & keep Sanchez.

On the face of it, you'd say that was nowhere near good enough for a Pep team.

Obviously things like passes completed and pass accuracy will improve if he comes, stats like those skyrocket when you play under Pep. Wenger obviously also plays possession football, but it's been an absolute mess for them this season, the positions our players take up are a ton better and Sanchez won't end up having to go it all alone.

@Akiva you like to spin things around and spout out walls of texts so you should start adding TLDR to your own posts. You obviously weren't an athlete because the mindert of high level amateurs and professional athletes aren't very dissimilar. The difference being talent. If you think the players on our squad don't know who's second choice and that the rotation theory will appease everyone ... well then I don't know what to tell you. Just look at kelechi.

I'm all for bringing the best in and letting them fight it out. The only point being that 'they'll be happy if they win things' is bullshit. Hell Isco might nearly have been on his way out..and yes I am James Milner :p

You obviously weren't an athlete because the mindert of high level amateurs and professional athletes aren't very dissimilar.

I can think of 200,000 differences, right off the bat.

Leaving the financial side of it, I don't necessarily disagree with your premise that athletes can't be happy unless they are constantly competing and, thusly, involved in the sport. The point I was trying to make was that there is a difference between, say, Michy Batshuayi who barely got a game for Chelsea because he's positionally locked out by Costa, and say, Leroy Sane or Alexis Sanchez who can play in multiple positions on the park.

Pep favors players who are versatile enough to switch and swap around, from game to game and even in-between. You get a player who can only play in one position, like Sergio Aguero for example, and it's a problem. Two games on the bench and he's off floating the idea to the media he might move on in the summer. That situation, I suspect, is likely what you're talking about and I mostly agree. Players like Sterling, Sane, Sanchez, B Silva and Jesus have a realistic shot of starting and/or appearing in at least one fixture per week, if not almost all of them, because Pep's hands are less tied with the lineup and formation.

The difference being talent. If you think the players on our squad don't know who's second choice and that the rotation theory will appease everyone ... well then I don't know what to tell you. Just look at kelechi.

I mean, I haven't really expressed this view so publicly, but it seems Kelechi just wasn't good enough. The manager certainly didn't trust him and many on here lost confidence in the lad to make a difference/impact on the game.

I'm not sure the same can be said of the rest of our attacking lineup, which is why they featured more.

TL;DR - I think we have enough games to keep people happy and I'm fairly sure there are some, like say Sanchez, who would be willing to make sacrifices in order for a chance at a Champions League medal.

With wenger saying they won't let him leave do you guys think he is bluffing or is Arsenal serious this time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.