Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should not need this signing , I believe we have the best squad -

We have spent more than all the teams that finished below us significantly strengthening our first team

Chelsea have second season syndrome and also look weaker - Spuds not done much business - Liverpook have done good business but their squad looks weak with CL footy.

I think based on the above , if Pep is as good as we expect we should win the league otherwise the manager and board have f*cked up.

I wouldn't put it past Arsenal if the entire purpose of today was to make City look bad, with no intention of selling Sanchez whatsoever.

They way they've handled it recently; unreasonably asking for Sterling, and then accepting a surprisingly low offer just seemed odd. And I don't think they actually intended to sign Lemar. I think the whole point of today was a PR exercise. To make it look like they aren't some monsters holding dear old Alexis against his wishes, and then pin the blame on City for approaching too late for them to handle finding an appropriate replacement. If it's the case then it's obviously backfired tremendously.

I know it's cynical, but on reflection everything about Arsenal's conduct today just seems suspicious. And given how out of touch with reality they are I honestly think it's a more sensible theory than it should be.

I think he might have made a big difference.

But he might have made no difference at all. He would be a new player at a different club.

Arsenal do not face the same level of concentration City do, anymore & haven't for years. It's easier for individual players to shine.

I've posted all along I didn't especially want him because I think Jesus, Sané Sterling & kids have to play more games if he's not here & the manager has to work harder at improving them.

If this squad isn't good enough to compete, in Pep's 2nd season, then it's his fault imo. I don't think Sanchez is good enough that we would just ahtomatically dominate. Pep should have this team right up there. With a view to wiping everyone out in the coming years.

That doesn't mean I'd necessarily want to sack Pep if it didn't work out short term, just that he would need to do better. I'd like him here for years, building.

But City should be right up there, with or without Sanchez imo. We have the players & the goals are already there uf we find the right method . If the manager earns his crust, he will get them scoring.
I agree. He should be getting more from the squad and, given what we've ended up with, he will need to for sure because in specific areas we're weaker than we were last year.

There's always a risk with signings, however with Sanchez he mitigated most of that risk because he's done it in our league in a less than cosy environment. He's also done it against the best in Europe too.

Maybe that's why Guardiola wanted him, he just reduced the number of variables for something going wrong that football presents by giving us that extra 10%.

I want us to dominate and after 3 transfer windows with Guardiola in charge I think we've got a very competitive squad but I feel we're still short. No Sanchez (or someone with similar numbers) is part of that.

Girona should attempt to buy him before their window closes tomorrow then loan him to us
51ZWS%2BH80yL._SX327_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

How would this work? Do you like the Wedding Present.
Well, if they signed him and then terminated his contract. We could sign him on a free.

Girona aren't in the CL nor are they likely to be any time soon so there wouldn't be any penalties as far as FFP is concerned.

Never gonna happen and we'd forever be the bad guys if we pulled of something like that but it'd certainly put a smile on my face.

Well, if they signed him and then terminated his contract. We could sign him on a free.

Girona aren't in the CL nor are they likely to be any time soon so there wouldn't be any penalties as far as FFP is concerned.

Never gonna happen and we'd forever be the bad guys if we pulled of something like that but it'd certainly put a smile on my face.

But you can't sign for more than two teams in a single season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.