Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry mate, live by the sword, die by the sword.

Anyway didn't Winger say only a week or so ago, that he expects the current transfer system to fall apart, and all players to soon move on a "free"?
I don't think it's a matter of letting it go, i think its more a question of how angry we feel about how they have treated us.

Also, what's wrong with setting a precedent PSG don't seem to be doing too badly, unilaterally cocking a snoop at FFP, or by paying c £200m for Neymar, Somebody has to be first!

You may, thankfully the club wont act like that

This is why you should not leave transfers until the very last day.

I don't think the club will make that mistake again even if it wasn't our fault.

Are you stating that because you believe no club would wish to open the Pandora's Box that is the Webster Ruling, or because you believe the Webster Ruling is not legally enforceable in this case?

Just looking at the criteria he looks eligible to me now. Been at Arsenal over 3 years and is over the age of 28.....
The former, particularly with top end clubs

Clearly we're exceptionally strong with what we've got I think the disappointment stems from the fact that with Sanchez and much weaker Barca that I felt we could have had a serious tilt at the champs league this season with enough depth in the squad to sustain it. As it is and without the additional goals that Sanchez would have brought that might prove too big a challenge.
We reached the semis without any of the new blood and only lost out imo because of stage fright. We have strengthened significantly and if Pep manages his resources correctly, no reason we should have a pop at it again soon

Think it's a bit early to say Jesus is profligate in the extreme. Thought his goal to chances ratio was very decent in the few games he played for us last season and I haven't seen him miss a huge amount so far this season. Should have done better with a header at Brighton certainly. If Pep can't get players of the calibre we have to take easy chances then there's something wrong IMO. I don't think it is a coincidence that we miss so many chances and personally I don't think it is due to any lack of quality of our players so who is to say that Sanchez wouldn't have gone the same way and started missing chances if he had joined us?

I said profligate in the extreme "at times". Both Kun and Gabby have a fantastic goals to starts ratios, but I've seen both miss plenty of simple chances. My concern is that in the absence of a consistent source of goals elsewhere in the team, we are now disproportionately reliant on them. Gonna need a lot of luck for injury not to impact our chances

Wouldn't be surprised if City try to get him in January, especially if the expected injuries/profligacy in front of goal/retrospective diving bans are all evident. Arsenal will be fucked for top 4 by then anyway and at least they'd get some money that way.

He won't. He didn't make a fuss in August why would he make one in January when he is close to a probable loyalty bonus from his Arsenal contract for staying until the end of that contract. Plus a massive signing on fee from a new club and wages that reflect the lack of any transfer fee for him.
He probably won't even want to leave in January. He'd be missing out on maybe £20m in cash as little as a few months later. CL or no CL, I can't see anyone being happy to do that, let alone wanting to force it to happen.

He's at Arsenal now until next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.