Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having had a reasonable sleep since the debacle last night, I must say that a lot of the comments on the thread, from the "usual suspects" who inhabit the matchday threads, to obvious wums, who want their 5 seconds of fame, made be laugh, cringe, want to vomit, wanted to strangle people, and occasionally nod my head.

GET OVER IT!! It's a game of football, not real life. It's not even your fucking money. We didn't sign him - so what? You're still alive this morning, and the last time I looked, the sun is still shining.

A bit of perspective is needed. This morning, I'm going to hospital to have my foot re-dressed after losing my big toe (stop me if you've heard it before!) a few weeks ago. Then I'm going to Fairfield hospital in Bury to see a very old friend of mine who I first met at Coventry away on 9/9/67. Until he was 65, he was a Superbia seasoncard holder, and followed City all over the world. He is currently in the final stages of cancer and very ill. He was hoping to have got to the home games this season by wheelchair, but, sadly, this is now not to be the case. His name is Alan Spencer - many of you will know him.

In the scheme of things, football is irrelevant where life is concerned. Think about it.

imo there will be no move for sanchez in January,next summer he will get a huge signing on fee and mega wages, not to mention money he is due off arsenal for loyalty ect, why would he go for a smaller signing on fee and good wages.

imo there will be no move for sanchez in January,next summer he will get a huge signing on fee and mega wages, not to mention money he is due off arsenal for loyalty ect, why would he go for a smaller signing on fee and good wages.

A year is a long time in football. When it becomes a free for all there is no guarantee he will sign for us or that we would still want him.

I think this ship may have sailed now.

We can sign him in January. Tell him to put his feet up and he won't be CL Cup tied either!

If we are challenging for the title & CL campaign going well it could be a goer. May save us £30million + too on what we've just offered.

Ideally could do with Arsenal imploding and having a shocker in the league.

No idea where he will go next summer but he turned down a much higher offer to sign an extension with Arsenal, he turned down PSG who presumably would have offered him shit loads and he turned down Bayern all because he wants to play for Pep again. If Pep still wants him next summer, I assume there's every chance he will come to us regardless of what he can get financially elsewhere.

A year is a long time in football. When it becomes a free for all there is no guarantee he will sign for us or that we would still want him.

I think this ship may have sailed now.
agree he would of been a very exciting player to have at city ,but weve got plenty of exciting players that will challenge for the league and champs league imo

You have to remember that its generally the selling club that dictates the timeframe
It's like a courtship dance, it takes two willing parties.
Many posters said Arsenal had to sell, but Wenger made it clear he was against it throughout.
We played a game of brinkmanship, leaving it very late, considering the price was the critical issue, but with very little time, we gave them an excuse to avoid completion of the deal. IMO Wenger will be much happier than Pep this morning.

If we had started earlier we might have paid £70m but we would have likely got Sanchez. Our chances of success in big competitions would have been significantly higher.

Think he will head to Italy, Spain or Germany now. That have 5 odd months more to thrash out a deal then us and AC has a knack of picking up free agents.

agree he would of been a very exciting player to have at city ,but weve got plenty of exciting players that will challenge for the league and champs league imo

The former should be a given. If we keep everyone fit then the latter may be doable although I think we are still light in 2/3 areas and the fitness of Kompany and Aguero is now absolutely key to this season. We all saw last season what happens when Kompany is not in the side and Jesus is still going to have the odd flat game at his age. It's risky but hey ho. Time will tell.

No idea where he will go next summer but he turned down a much higher offer to sign an extension with Arsenal, he turned down PSG who presumably would have offered him shit loads and he turned down Bayern all because he wants to play for Pep again. If Pep still wants him next summer, I assume there's every chance he will come to us regardless of what he can get financially elsewhere.

If pep wants him that much and he wants to come that much then we have to try on 1/1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.