Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have taken a big risk. It is possible we could have an 18 month transfer ban, if the Benjamin Garre case goes against us at the CAS. We may not be able to bid for Sanchez again and he may not want to come.
If we get a transfer ban then it will be a disaster imo. Not getting Sanchez would be the least of our problems. I thought the chances of us getting a ban were seen as extremely low?

If I'm in his place, I'm pulling a Diego Costa and staying in Chile. Summer is slowly approaching there. Arsenal fucked him and he should show them how wrong they were. His is a Chilean legend and will start for them regardless.

A year is a long time in football. When it becomes a free for all there is no guarantee he will sign for us or that we would still want him.

I think this ship may have sailed now.

I think this ship heaved out of port the day he signed for The Arse. He was reported to have said that he wanted a move to London, despite us having become title holders, contenders and trophy winners. The lad had his chance, and another year on, another year of talent, speed, enthusiasm gone! There will be a 22yr-old with the same attributes! Oh, hang on, there's a couple of kids, Sané and Sterling, and numerous options teeming out of the Academy. Do we NEED Sanchez? Last piece of the jigsaw? I think not!

He would have added something no doubt about it but as I said yesterday, his star wouldn't shine as brightly in our team as it does at Arsenal. What we need to do now is focus on putting those chances away that we already create. Time will tell whether we need Alexis Sanchez or a more balanced approach between defence and attack. We won't know that till we've played a few of the top six but if there are weaknesses they'll exploit them.

A bit gutted we didn't get him but hey ho - the club isn't doomed without him..

I have no idea how these things work but from the outside looking in it seems that either

1. We were waiting for the "nod" from Arsenal before placing the bid and they left it to late - in which case Arsenal screwed the pooch
2. City thought they were being clever in waiting till the last day hoping they would get Sanchez and Arsenal wouldn't have time to get a replacement (making us stronger and a them weaker) - in which case City screwed the pooch
3. Arsenal were 100% certain they weren't going to sell Sanchez and them something changed yesterday (maybe something Sanchez did or said?) in which case everyone had a turn on the pooch...

Now the dust has settled we know 3 things - City wanted Sanchez, Sanchez wanted to come and most importantly Arsenal were willing to sell him - no reason to think it won't happen in January now...

But in this crazy world who knows... Sanchez may be very angry it didn't happen or may even sign an extension at Arsenal... wouldn't surprise me one bit! :)

I think this ship heaved out of port the day he signed for The Arse. He was reported to have said that he wanted a move to London, despite us having become title holders, contenders and trophy winners. The lad had his chance, and another year on, another year of talent, speed, enthusiasm gone! There will be a 22yr-old with the same attributes! Oh, hang on, there's a couple of kids, Sané and Sterling, and numerous options teeming out of the Academy. Do we NEED Sanchez? Last piece of the jigsaw? I think not!

We weren't in the race when he signed for Arsenal. Pellegrini has said as much, thanks to the FFP sanction

We don't necessarily need him, I am concerned however that we've left ourselves light up front. Fingers crossed we've better luck on the injury front this season.

We weren't in the race when he signed for Arsenal. Pellegrini has said as much, thanks to the FFP sanction

We don't necessarily need him, I am concerned however that we've left ourselves light up front. Fingers crossed we've better luck on the injury front this season.

Summat good has got to happen this season re suspensions and injuries. It's unquantifiable how much we lose when the likes of Aguero, Kompany and Silva are not available! Good solid season on the treatment front. About time we had the benefit of ALL of our stars and starlets.

I think he actually cares about his US sport teams.

I mean he's pumping 3billion into his NFL team. Whilst Arsenal have to sell to buy.

NFL is set up in a particular way with its wage cap and maximum percentage of salary to revenue to ensure owners make money. No one who owns an NFL club losses money. That's why US owners have been amazed by the Premier League - huge income but owners still having to delve into their own pockets. Those two original owners of Liverpool [Hicks and Gillett] thought they were going to make a killing and got a very nasty surprise. Silent Stan will hold on to his asset because it makes money and no amount of abuse from Arsenal fans is gonna affect him counting his money in the Hamptons.

IT is highly unlikely that the Benjamin Garre case will go against us, and even more unlikely it could result in a transfer ban, since at all times we ensured the football authorities accepted we were acting within existing regulations.

As for Sanchez, I feel he will come to City next summer: Pep has wanted him ever since he arrived and Sanchez has shown clearly that City is his "preferred" destination to the exclusion of all others. City have no resposability at all for the failure to do a deal. The responsibility falls fairly and squarely on the shoulders of that rudderless, leaderless, shambles of a club at the Emirates which is drifting into the future without any view of where it is going or how it is going to get there. Ramsey has been complaining about the sale of the ox, Giroud is only at Arsenal today because his wife didn't fancy Everton and Wenger still believes the Sanchez shambles shows they'll mount a serious title challenge.

Clearly a disappointing day for us yesterday, but I think we all agree that we are a much more formidable prospect than last season as a result of this window, but that the full force of Pep's revolution may need one more summer window -but not necessarily to win the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.