Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are some people ignoring Simon Mullock's narrative? Arsenal knew of our interest in May, did the fingers in the ears trick, then they stated they were open to sell. They called Soriano with an agreed price with the prerequisite of them signing Lemar. They hadn't got hid approval to join before making that statement and they had months to lay the groundwork.

A year is a long time in football. When it becomes a free for all there is no guarantee he will sign for us or that we would still want him.

I think this ship may have sailed now.

I'm thinking the same thing now. Not convinced it will happen in January and next summer might be completely different depending on who is available. A mess all round, no winners in this situation, however we've done some great business in this transfer window and the squad looks far stronger than last season so we have every reason to be optimistic. Arsenal on the other hand...

Very disappointed that we didn't get Sanchez but very happy with the players we have signed already.
If we hadn't tried to get Sanchez and after we had signed Danillo, Pep had said that's it we don't need anymore players we would all have been happy I guess.
The squad we have is more than capable of challenging for the title and champions league and with a bit of luck ie avoiding injuries and maybe fairer refereeing we should win the prem.
Cheer up lads n lasses we have a great team and a great manager...happy days indeed.

No idea where he will go next summer but he turned down a much higher offer to sign an extension with Arsenal, he turned down PSG who presumably would have offered him shit loads and he turned down Bayern all because he wants to play for Pep again. If Pep still wants him next summer, I assume there's every chance he will come to us regardless of what he can get financially elsewhere.
We have taken a big risk. It is possible we could have an 18 month transfer ban, if the Benjamin Garre case goes against us at the CAS. We may not be able to bid for Sanchez again and he may not want to come.

He might sulk off the pitch and at the end of games they lose, but he doesnt seem to be the sort of player who will down tools. One of the reasons we want him.
Which is why Gooner fans will be giddy this morning, they couldn't give a damn about money, they get another season with Sanchez.
I'd be hugely surprised if he signs for anyone in January, it's in his own interests now to leave on a free next summer.

imo there will be no move for sanchez in January,next summer he will get a huge signing on fee and mega wages, not to mention money he is due off arsenal for loyalty ect, why would he go for a smaller signing on fee and good wages.

If we're in the next phase of the Champions League and still in the running for the Premier League title why not, he's already proved he's not just about money by turning down a bigger contract at Arsenal.

Assuming we do revisit this in January (& if we do make it the 1st not the 31st) what's peoples thoughts on the fee. Wenger can surely spin if he wants anything like what was on the table yesterday.

Part of me thinks we'll move on to other targets this time next year, but then I think, we would have been offering him what, a four year contract anyway ? So, yes we'd lose a year, but given the fact Guardiola rates him highly, wants him quite badly, he seems to be very keen on us, we'd still be getting a top quality player for 3 years albeit on different financial terms, so, on the balance of probabilities, I think we'll still go for him next year unless an absolutely stellar opportunity arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.