Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difference between us winning the title and not I still feel.
Are we 5 points clear without him at the moment?

Almost as a ridiculous a statement as your thread of make believe that happens every window.

But...

He would give us depth and strengthen the side, plus make Arsenal weaker, never a bad thing, but we can win it without him. Still don't like him. Looks snidey.

Arsenal hung on to him and lost 30 mill , for almost no gain. If he'd hit the ground running first half of the season I think they would hang on to him until the summer. He hasnt and I reckon Arsenal will want rid of him as quick as they can in January to replace him. Reckon we'll get hi for no more than £25 mill. It may not seem like we need him now but when we get into the hard slog from December to May 4 players for 3 positions could soon blow up in our faces with just one injury loss of form never mind 2 or 3.

Today was another example of why we need Sanchez.

Aguero and Sterling both tired from the 120 min they played in the Wolves game.

Jesus and Sane ready to start and Pep plays Bernardo out of position.

We would of played Sane-Jesus-Sanchez today which is much much stronger.

We are speaking about fatigue here and were only in October, what is it going to be like in later on? What happens if one of our attackers get injured?? Then we have 3 starting every game and no game changer on the bench to bring on.

Sanchez is a must IMO Think we can win the title without him but I would say that getting Sanchez in January will probably be the difference between us winning one trophy and us winning three trophies.

He fits right in, no time needed to adapt. Played under Pep before etc etc.

If Arsenal want £30m, I would say pay it if it means getting him on January 1st. Otherwise don’t.

I really don't think we should pay anything more than £15m for him if we give it a go in January but I'd be a little upset if we went over £20m. It looks like at least for this season (or until we get Alexis) that Pep is going to play Bernardo as a winger instead of one of the free 8's. Sanchez on a free definitely would not be fetching more than £15m for his signing bonus so if we're 8-10 points ahead by January I would only want him in if it meant we weren't paying too much.

And FWIW I don't think Arsenal would sell at that price, which is their decision to make. As soon as they didn't sell him on deadline day I figured they wouldn't unless we offered a crazy amount (like £30m) in January.

Again.....i'd love Sanchez here in January. But at the same time....i would buy another CB to compete/rotate with Otamendi and Stones. And a back-up LB before considering Sanchez.

Anyone can see that we are doing fine in terms of depth in the forward positions,

Again.....i'd love Sanchez here in January. But at the same time....i would buy another CB to compete/rotate with Otamendi and Stones. And a back-up LB before considering Sanchez.

Anyone can see that we are doing fine in terms of depth in the forward positions,
We aren't fine in depth for the forwards, Bernardo is needed in midfield, today he played as a wide forward because Sterling needed resting, We have 4 forwards for a front 3 . One long injury and the three have to play twice a week every week.

I really don't think we should pay anything more than £15m for him if we give it a go in January but I'd be a little upset if we went over £20m. It looks like at least for this season (or until we get Alexis) that Pep is going to play Bernardo as a winger instead of one of the free 8's. Sanchez on a free definitely would not be fetching more than £15m for his signing bonus so if we're 8-10 points ahead by January I would only want him in if it meant we weren't paying too much.

And FWIW I don't think Arsenal would sell at that price, which is their decision to make. As soon as they didn't sell him on deadline day I figured they wouldn't unless we offered a crazy amount (like £30m) in January.
Unfortunately for Wenger, Arsenal more than any other PL club is run as a business rather than as a sports club. Wenger has already blocked Sanchez's move and has cost his club £50m-£60m which would have greatly helped in finding a replacement, and now there is only January left where he can recoup something. As transfer fees have rocketed, Arsenal may have to accept our offer as soon as it's made otherwise Wenger's stubbornness is going to cost the business minded Kroenke a tidy fortune. They could yet implode this summer if Sanchez is forced to stay.

Mullock piece in the sunday mirror saying we won't go for him in jan unless we get an injury
personally i think thats a mistake. Bernardo is not a forward. Unless we play foden/diaz?

If we are going to be playing 4-3-3 pretty much every week then this is a no brainer. Realistically, we only have Aguero, Jesus, Sané and Sterling for 3 positions. One injury and we start to look a bit light going forward and it's worth noting that 3 of them are still young players who are susceptible to inconsistency. I think Bernardo is only being used on the wing out of necessity and if we sign Sanchez, he will start to rotate more with KDB and Silva as the season goes on rather than out on the left where his strengths are nullified. Alexis is a world class player who is still in his peak years, he clearly has a winning mentality, he works his arse off which rubs off on teammates, he's got Premier League and Champions League experience and understands Pep's philosophy. Also, the competition for places will prevent any players becoming complacent and give us a boost mid season when tiredness is starting to creep in. It might look like we are unstoppable now and that there's no need to change anything but it's a long season. I personally think this could be a genius signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.