Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't want him in the summer, want him even less now. Don't see where he'd play, don't think he'd be happy to sit on the bench and wait for a chance. If he was young you could understand going for him, but he'd be one of our older attackers.

Who would you play if Sane got injured or suspended? We need the quality to come in if we going for all the trophies we could end up playing 60+ games.

Who would you play if Sane got injured or suspended? We need the quality to come in if we going for all the trophies we could end up playing 60+ games.
Whichever one of Aguero or Jesus was sitting on the bench in your scenario, like we did at the start of the season. Or put Sterling there and play Bernardo Silva on the right, or David Silva, or De Bruyne, with Gundogan, Brahim or Foden coming in.

We have attacking options coming out of our arses and I really don't see Sanchez being eager to come here and play backup to Leroy Sane. He can go anywhere he wants now so he's not going to go anywhere except to be first choice.

Could we please leave this age topic out of discussion?
Sanchez turns 29 in December.
It's not too much of a speculation to assume 2-3 more years on a top level. Even from next summer on.

@karen7 , surely a decision to further improve an already top class squad is not made in a "moment".
It's a strategic decision for several years to come.
If a player chosen by Pep is on a free next summer (after bidding 60m 2 months ago) you should expect Pep to stick to his plan
- unless he has a better alternative which nobody really has come up with up to now.

I still think Pep wants to sign him asap to cover mainly our left wing, adding a top footballer and character who wants to join City.
Pep will be able to manage such a special player and personality.

Sanchez doesn't seem to do more than necessary for Arsenal. If he did he would give Wenger the perfect reason for keeping him till summer.
I cant blame Wenger for talking the transfer fee up though.

Whichever one of Aguero or Jesus was sitting on the bench in your scenario, like we did at the start of the season. Or put Sterling there and play Bernardo Silva on the right, or David Silva, or De Bruyne, with Gundogan, Brahim or Foden coming in.

We have attacking options coming out of our arses and I really don't see Sanchez being eager to come here and play backup to Leroy Sane. He can go anywhere he wants now so he's not going to go anywhere except to be first choice.

Yeah I see that but they ain’t left sided players Sanchez would fit there fine and the quality wouldn’t drop. We will see if Pep really wants him in January and he knows what we need if anyone.

Could we please leave this age topic out of discussion?
Sanchez turns 29 in December.
It's not too much of a speculation to assume 2-3 more years on a top level. Even from next summer on.

@karen7 , surely a decision to further improve an already top class squad is not made in a "moment".
It's a strategic decision for several years to come.
If a player chosen by Pep is on a free next summer (after bidding 60m 2 months ago) you should expect Pep to stick to his plan
- unless he has a better alternative which nobody really has come up with up to now.

I still think Pep wants to sign him asap to cover mainly our left wing, adding a top footballer and character who wants to join City.
Pep will be able to manage such a special player and personality.

Sanchez doesn't seem to do more than necessary for Arsenal. If he did he would give Wenger the perfect reason for keeping him till summer.
I cant blame Wenger for talking the transfer fee up though.
What i mean is the perfect moment was the summer in terms of age and talent,i want him here i'm just mulling over if we missed the time,hope we get him in jan but i don't think arses will let him go,he won't be free as such as he can demand a huge signing on fee with lots of offers to choose from in the summer,if he is still as good as he is now then it's a no brainer

Rummenigge was interviewed on Sky Germany just now. He was asked if Bayern would fetch Sanchez in January. Answer was "I believe Alexis already has chosen a new club. You can assume he will not come to us this January, even less than he came in summer". Make of that what you want. For me it is a very strong hint.

What i mean is the perfect moment was the summer in terms of age and talent,i want him here i'm just mulling over if we missed the time,hope we get him in jan but i don't think arses will let him go,he won't be free as such as he can demand a huge signing on fee with lots of offers to choose from in the summer,if he is still as good as he is now then it's a no brainer

Agreed, it really was the perfect moment. That's why Pep is said to be fuming about arses and I hope Wenger &Co will have to suffer for that tomorrow...

Maybe those options Sanchez would have next summer are mainly in theory, as I don't see too many clubs being perfect for him in terms of class, squad places, philosophy and salary. Bayern maybe, who else really??

Only question for me is Wenger being the party pooper again. But hey, last time to cash in at reduced level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.