Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Pep's judgement too, but I also feel he may feel some obligation towards the player possibly having given his word we'll go back in for him in January - meanwhile his form demonstrates what was predicted.

Arsenal are a good team, he was able to produce in previous seasons. He was also outstanding at Udinese. Just as Rooney as a kid was outstanding at Everton, and for England early on. Likewise Sane, KDB, Silva etc.

I agree with you about the pace. He's caught in two roles at the moment. He started out as a wide forward, and then played more centrally at times and got a lot of goals. Now he's playing much deeper and trying to drive the play. The speed is important if he's playing up front, less so if he's playing in midfield. Most people are considering Sanchez as a forward, but it's not clear what his best position is now. I would say where he played 2nd half for Arsenal which is deep in a free role

The problem in regards to this signing is that he's not that effective as a wide forward. Rashford is outscoring him. And as an attacking midfielder we have enough options.
Are you surprised Rashford's outscoring a pissed off Sanchez? I saw a graphic the other day that showed only Aguero & Kane have scored more in the PL since Sanchez has been here. He was still sticking them in last season, so what's happened? Him wanting to leave for pastures new that's what. Pep went in for Sanchez as he sees the value he brings, are you now seriously suggesting that Sanchez has lost everything he had in the four months since we've been after him?

When Pellegrini was here, I remember hearing fans saying that Kompany, Aguero, Silva & Otamendi had all lost it and we needed upgrades. We were also told Sterling & Stones were a total waste of money. Don't you think it's crazy the difference a proper manager can make? If you agree with this, why would you then call Guardiola's judgement of Sanchez and/or intimate that Guardiola is only in for Sanchez because he knows him well & promised him a spot at City?

Do you seriously think Josep Guardiola would bring a past it player to City just for loyalty? Do you have any other examples of Guardioal ever having done this throughout his career?

Last edited:
It's about what his signing does mentally for our opponents.

Sane and Sterling can't and won't be relied upon for much longer, both are neglecting some fundamentals which only come with the youth and rawness they possess.

We are not playing under pressure at present, which is when players and personalities such as Sanchez will be needed, outside of injuries to Kun or Jesus.
Surely, signing Sanchez is (or should be) a no-brainer.

And his age is a positive thing - can help tremendously over the next 2 years as Foden et al get phased in.

We would have scored 5 or 6 yesterday with him in the team, IMO.

I don't agree that he will be Rodney Marsh MKII.

I wasn't around in the early 70's but I have heard the stories, and as others have alluded to, Marsh came in and we changed to accommodate him as he was then the star player.

Sanchez will come in and may not even get into the team. Plus, for Pep it's the system that comes first and it's up to the players to adapt.

I personally think he would be a great addition. A winner and another experienced attacking player alongside Sergio who has been there and won.

We still don't know what we will be like if we get a medium to long period of time out with one of Sane and Sterling. That or if both go out of form which is still a high possibility in my opinion because they are both young, playing nearly every game, and whom the winter months will therefore affect most significantly alongside the central defenders and Fernandinho.

Its a no brainer - he can add to the rotation with Sergio, jesus, sane and sterling.

3 of them always play - that's 270 minutes a game - say 280 with added time / divide by 5 if they all rotate and that is 56 minutes a game. Perfect - keep them all fresh.

Its a no brainer - he can add to the rotation with Sergio, jesus, sane and sterling.

3 of them always play - that's 270 minutes a game - say 280 with added time / divide by 5 if they all rotate and that is 56 minutes a game. Perfect - keep them all fresh.

That's why we will sign in him January.

The winter months will inevitably take a lot out of our forward players which could leave them running on empty in the last few months of the season.

Like we have in midfield with Bernardo and Gundogan, we need that extra insurance in attack.

Another concern in Fernandinho.

At 32, can he really play as much as he currently is throughout the season?

An injury to him and we are going to struggle defensively and in the build-up.

I don't agree that he will be Rodney Marsh MKII.

I wasn't around in the early 70's but I have heard the stories, and as others have alluded to, Marsh came in and we changed to accommodate him as he was then the star player.

Sanchez will come in and may not even get into the team. Plus, for Pep it's the system that comes first and it's up to the players to adapt.

I personally think he would be a great addition. A winner and another experienced attacking player alongside Sergio who has been there and won.

We still don't know what we will be like if we get a medium to long period of time out with one of Sane and Sterling. That or if both go out of form which is still a high possibility in my opinion because they are both young, playing nearly every game, and whom the winter months will therefore affect most significantly alongside the central defenders and Fernandinho.

Rodney was the only one who thought he was the star player!

I don't know mate, I wasn't around back then.

I'm just going off stories I have been told.

Interesting to hear though mate.

One of a few players who could, within the space of two minutes go from galactico to the most infuriating ball-hugger. There were many on the terraces who would willingly have stormed the pitch, dragged Rodney off and kept him off until the game was won.

One of a few players who could, within the space of two minutes go from galactico to the most infuriating ball-hugger. There were many on the terraces who would willingly have stormed the pitch, dragged Rodney off and kept him off until the game was won.

Haha.

Thanks for the info mate. Always good to hear those sides of the stories.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.