Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Sterling has improved this season but Pep is a hard taskmaster and his 2 1st half fuck ups won't have gone down well, his reaction to the pass says it all.

Yes Sterling has 10 goals but they are chances Sanchez would score as well.

I get the feeling Pep will really want him in Jan and the only thing stopping a move from happening would be how much a LB (and maybe a CB) sets us back.

Signing Sanchez isn't the end of Sterling, Sanchez is 29 whilst Sterling is 22, it would give us a more proven player for the next 2 years whilst Sterling, continuing to get games, improves further

I don't think he'll come until July. City so rarely buy in January (Dzeko and Bony the only two this decade iirc) and there is a lot of competition for places already. If he wasn't already cup-tied via the Europa League, then I think there'd be a chance but my guess is we'll wait. Who knows though, if Pep really wants him, we'll do what it takes I'm sure.

He can play in the CL

Players may have played in qualifying for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League, but only one of them can have played in the UEFA Europa League group stage. Players cannot represent two clubs in the UEFA Champions League from the group stage onwards.

Given Wengers comments after the game I reckon this is signed sealed and about to be delivered. Wenger knows he has lost his prize asset and that is why he had a go and looked so damn miserable and dare I say it bitter.

Does anyone think he's lost a bit of pace?

I think that's not the point and also a weak argument against him.
Ronaldo is 32, Usain Bolt is 31. Age is not the point. Not yet.

Right now he has no reason to put 100% in. But we will see the Sanchez he was last season when he finally can play where wants to. It seems he can't wait.

He has what Raz hasn't: a superb technical ability to get behind 1, 2 or 3 men or retain the ball under pressure for fun.
Maybe he has lost "a bit". Well, nobody knows.
And even if, he is bloody dangerous for any defense.

His problem is to not take up the fourth man but pass the ball to a player in better position.

Right now he has no reason to put 100% in. But we will see the Sanchez he was last season when he finally can play where wants to. It seems he can't wait.

He has what Raz hasn't: a superb technical ability to get behind 1, 2 or 3 men or retain the ball under pressure for fun.

His problem is to not take up the fourth man but pass the ball to a player in better position.
Woooosh

Arjen Robben is nearly 34, injury prone and still has great acceleration and pace so as long as Sanchez looks after himself and avoids a serious injury then he has at least 3/4 years left in him at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.