Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
As fans, we surely should not be objecting to great players joining up, how ever great the squad already is.

No one is playing football within a 10 days of getting a broken rib. Breathing hurts. Laughing is agony. someone brushing up against you feels like you've been hit with a hammer. That's not a case of being fit, or having a high pain threshold, it's just basic physiology.

Also Karen I thnk the WHO would love to know what treatment we gave him that heals bones in 1/4 the normal time, it would save lives.

The club said the initial diagnosis was broken ribs, but the fact he returned in half the time means they were just bruised and not broken.
absolutely, that said I think the 'slump' people are talking about is more to do with how opposition play, no space. personally I would get snachez asap, freshen things up and gives us more strength off the bench

I always get confused when posters lob accusations of wumming at @Marvin. A lot of his opinions aren't even controversial. He just opines on what he believes. And even when I disagree, they are often well thought through.

1. Questions of fact here:a Marvin when did Pep say we weren't interested in Sanchez?

2. There is nothing controversial about Marvin suggesting we should be buying players who would hit their peaks at City. FFS! That's what we do most of the time anyway.

3. It is also common sense decision to buy based on long-term needs rather than short term injury concern. That too is hardly controversial.

4. It's also true Sanchez hasn't been as good this season as prior seasons. This isn't controversial either.

That said I disagree with Marvin's conclusion that the above proves Sanchez is declining. I think there is a higher likelihood that the disappointment from failing to move, having played non-stop for 24 months, and the general unrest about his want-away-ism probably all played a role in his dropped performance. And this view is supported by the sudden surge in his performances the last month.

So while I disagree with Marvin conclusion, I find nothing wrong with his analytical process. It's actually refreshing.

absolutely, that said I think the 'slump' people are talking about is more to do with how opposition play, no space. personally I would get snachez asap, freshen things up and gives us more strength off the bench

I'd prefer to think Sergio is just in a slump and can get back to the levels he hit before because if it is the style of play, we need to get someone else up top. Lewandowski managed a goal a game against the same parked buses, it's not impossible, you don't need to be Messi score bucket loads of goals in a Pep side outscoring our closest rivals in the league by a goal a game.

I'd prefer to think Sergio is just in a slump and can get back to the levels he hit before because if it is the style of play, we need to get someone else up top. Lewandowski managed a goal a game against the same parked buses, it's not impossible, you don't need to be Messi score bucket loads of goals in a Pep side outscoring our closest rivals in the league by a goal a game.
lewandowski is a good shout

The PR game

If they want 25 I'd make an official offer of 15.

Normally we don't seem to make official bids that get rejected, it's all informal negotiations where the other club can say for weeks that "no official offer has arrived", but I think in this case, them publicly rejecting an offer from us would make things kick off with Sanchez possibly refusing to play etc.

And that can be the only motivation for them to sell, the only realistic reason is if he's kicking up a fuss because footballing wise this would be a shocking move for them.

Arsenal are willing to listen to offers in excess of £25million for Alexis Sanchez. [@johncrossmirror] #MCFC

This would make them look stupid for rejecting 60m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.