Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always tickles me when they talk about a twenty nine year old athelete's legs going. I was playing rugby league ten years ago in my early thirties and could still compete with younger opposition.

Many forget Aguero has played professional football since he broke through into the Independiente team at 15 years old.

He has had nearly a 15 year long professional career nearly.

Sad to see blues slagging off and comparing Sergio to Sanchez.

The man has been, and will continue to be impeccable for us. He has done as well for us over Christmas as anyone, has scored more goals than Sanchez despite having what could of been a nasty injury and will undoubtedly lead the line at 100% again tonight. The guy is a class act.

If we get Sanchez then happy days, I personally think he would help us out, but until he is, then Sergio is the better player for City.

Many forget Aguero has played professional football since he broke through into the Independiente team at 15 years old.

He has had nearly a 15 year long professional career nearly.

I agree that like the Pensioner Pursuer he has played a lot of football, but he's hardly ready for the knackers yard just yet. I think its just that he seems to be prone to picking up injuries and in recent seasons we relied so heavily on him that he's sometimes been rushed back.

No one is playing football within a 10 days of getting a broken rib. Breathing hurts. Laughing is agony. someone brushing up against you feels like you've been hit with a hammer. That's not a case of being fit, or having a high pain threshold, it's just basic physiology.

Also Karen I think the WHO would love to know what treatment we gave him that heals bones in 1/4 the normal time, it would save lives.

The club said the initial diagnosis was broken ribs, but the fact he returned in half the time means they were just bruised and not broken.
broken can mean chipped or cracked or split into 2 or several pieces,you go to casualty have an xray,they show you the xray and tell you what is wrong,sergio said broken as did the club so bore off

Sad to see blues slagging off and comparing Sergio to Sanchez.

The man has been, and will continue to be impeccable for us. He has done as well for us over Christmas as anyone, has scored more goals than Sanchez despite having what could of been a nasty injury and will undoubtedly lead the line at 100% again tonight. The guy is a class act.

If we get Sanchez then happy days, I personally think he would help us out, but until he is, then Sergio is the better player for City.
there is no need to compare them as alexis is a winger who can play across the front and not a replacement striker but to go along side,rotation with sane and or raz is the option

Marv, please don't do that. You have an opinion and you post it and more importantly you maintain it. Don't be bullied off here because of a few tits who think their opinion trumps yours. Sure, we often disagree with posters, but those that are forcing you to think like this should look in the mirror.
You're as much of a Blue as the rest of us @Marvin, so please disregard those who believe they have more of a right to comment & share their points of view than you do.

For instance, over Xmas there was a heated debate whereby some of our fans started displaying the Ultimate Raggish behaviour by claiming if VVD turned City down for any other club, he'd be doing it for more money, or because he was scared he wasn't good enough for a regular place, & that if he wanted success & titles, he'd be mad to turn us down for any other club. JUST like the Rags, Dippers & Arsenal fans used to say about us.

What happened? Two days later, VVD signed for Liverpool! Are those psuedo-raggish fans of ours any less Blues? No! Our fan base comes in all different shapes, colours, sizes, religions & sexual orientations, but we're all united by the collective love of our team.

You carry on posting Marvin. I may not agree with you on Sanchez, but we have more in common, than divides us. And to those who are seemingly rounding up on you as an easy target, go fuck yourselves & knock it the fuck on the head.

It wasn't that long ago, this forum fell into open warfare just because some of us felt differently about Pellegrini than a certain group of other posters. I honestly thought this forum had moved on from singling out individuals or groups of fans who saw things differently.

OK @Marvin, we'll agree to disagree regarding Sanchez, so let's look to the positives.

We need reinforcements now. You don't want Sanchez & believe we are good enough to limp to the end of the season with the squad we have.

You say you want to wait until the summer & for us to buy a new younger forward. You've even we suggested we wait until the World Cup before we make our decision.

Taking all of this into account, who would you suggest we go for?
I appreciated those comments.

We're now in a fantastic position where the league is under our control and in we're in all the Cups. An unprecedented opportunity, and I agree that one of the big risks is injury to key players which loomed very large after the Palace game. Those fears have receded a little now, but still there.

It's a balancing act. Do we bring in the best of who is available now, or do we wait and bide our time until the Summer at which point a target will become available. I remember in the Summer Khaldoon said we would target 4 trophies and that got ridiculed, but it's on the table now. Guardiola said in recent press conferences that it was almost impossible based on the demands it would place on the squad. Do we just prioritise based on the squad we have, or buy more players? Very fair question.

I would wait. I wouldn't buy a player unless I was totally convinced by them over the duration of their contract. If you push me to come up with names now then I would say Lucas Moura from PSG (if we can deal with PSG - I am not sure how big an issue the Qatar/UAE dispute is re City and PSG). I also like Veratti but I have not seen PSG play this season apart from brief highlights in the Champions League. Somewhere down the line we also have to consider whether we're going to make good on our promises to promote from the academy. That obviously depends on whether the players coming through are good enough. Foden and Diaz look like they good enough. I also like the young keepers we have and Tosin. There's a gap between their ability now, and what we require but that can only be bridged by time and appearances.

I don't know enough about footballers across the world to pick out alternatives. I hear some rumours that Hazard has refused to negotiate an extension to his contract and you wonder about how long Kane will remain at Spurs if they miss out on the top 4, but they are hardly realistic targets now. Sanchez is a good player. I'm not dead set against him, because I accept he would be an asset, it's just a question of whether we would do better to hold fire until a better alternative becomes available. This is a difficult question to answer because I can't really give you alternatives to Sanchez other than vague suggestions that there will be better alternatives if we wait until the Summer.

I am aware that we could decide not to move for Sanchez, and then in February Aguero could get injured and we'd be kicking ourselves. The situation could change on a more or less match by match basis, based on the fitness and form of our players, and an extra player is some insurance, but it is also an opportunity cost if that player is not as good as the next superstar that comes along - like Mbappe, or even Neymar.

It's been obvious for a few seasons now that Kun has lost that burst of acceleration that he once had. The amount of times I have seen Kun with a clear route to goal only to be caught by slow, mediocre defenders is clearly on the rise. He's also started to doubt himself and there have been at least four occasions this season where instead of planting the ball into the back of the net when given the chance, he takes an extra touch and allows the defender to recover.

Hopefully, once he gets over his injury he will be able to regain top form because on his day, he is still an incredible striker. However, I think Kun has already peaked at a level of being just below the world class bracket. He's on par with the likes of Cavani and Higuaín for me as top class strikers but not in the same bracket of Suarez and even Harry Kane.
I'd agree with that. It's rare that you now see Kun race onto a through ball behind the keeper and round the keeper. More to goal scoring than speed though. Kane isn't exactly the quickest although he is probably the best around right now. We can love our players and still appreciate them at the same time as appreciate that they have their limitations.

I'd agree with that. It's rare that you now see Kun race onto a through ball behind the keeper and round the keeper. More to goal scoring than speed though. Kane isn't exactly the quickest although he is probably the best around right now. We can love our players and still appreciate them at the same time as appreciate that they have their limitations.
Unfortunately Marv, teams generally play on the edge of their box against us, as opposed to the high lines, and consequently its much more difficult to play Sergio in behind the defence, hence why more often than not nowadays it’s Sergio trying to dribble past a few to get a clear sight on goal. Not a lot we can do about that.

there is no need to compare them as alexis is a winger who can play across the front and not a replacement striker but to go along side,rotation with sane and or raz is the option

Guardiola disagrees.

‘I think the position Arsenal are using him as a striker, in front, it is perfect for him. In Barcelona maybe I didn’t help him too much because he played wide. He can do that but he is better between the lines, closer to the goal.

I don't think he could have made that any clearer.

If we sign him I'm sure he'll play across the front 3, but with the he'll definitely play up top instead of the strikers as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.