Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one would love Sanchez at city. If you add his goals to ours we would be formidable. Not to mention work rate. But I just can't see it. Le Arse are in turmoil and if they sell to us again the fans would kick off and I just can't see the board sanctioning it. People can turn to the money but a deal to Bayern is unfortunately the sense in this saga.

Don't get me wrong would love Sanchez to come to City but what is the big attraction for him to come instead of staying at Arsenal or going to Bayern? We have hardly set the world alight the last few years and have if anything turned into the new Arsenal nice to watch but don't win anything!

You're taking the piss surely. We've gone one transitional season without a trophy and suddenly we're the new Arsenal?! Dafuq?! The attraction of coming to City is that he will be playing for a manager he respects and admires, and for a club, who despite one poor (ish) season under a lame duck manager and a transitional one under a new manager, have demonstrable intention to win everything in sight. As for Bayern, I may be parochial, but I can never see the attraction. They're PSG with go faster stripes, lazily winning a one horse league year after year. Zzzzzzzz. Where's the excitement and personal development in that?

Nope not saying that just saying Pep has yet to prove himself and I hope he does. Just frustrates me that for a supposedly great coach he seems to have been a bit naïve and did not take the oppositions strengths into account and stubbornly played his way or no way. Conte went to Chelsea very last minute with no prep from a worse starting point and look what he did.

We should of at least won a cup last season but didn't thanks to sacking off the league cup. Pep did worse than Pellergrini !

Things worked out for him, didn't quite work out for Pep. That's football. Imo if Luiz hasd been sent off, as he should have been, the whole season may well have panned out very differently for both clubs.

But it's irrelevant. City are building a potentially fantastic young side, under a proven top of the tree manager, so it's pretty obvious why someone would be tempted to sign for us.

Even rags recognise that.

Nope not saying that just saying Pep has yet to prove himself and I hope he does. Just frustrates me that for a supposedly great coach he seems to have been a bit naïve and did not take the oppositions strengths into account and stubbornly played his way or no way. Conte went to Chelsea very last minute with no prep from a worse starting point and look what he did.

We should of at least won a cup last season but didn't thanks to sacking off the league cup. Pep did worse than Pellergrini !

Why do you say Conte was at a worse starting point? For me the squad he inherited was tailor made for his style.

As for Pep playing his way, why would he do any different? If he'd changed the way he played we'd be in a position now where we're starting over in terms of learning Pep's style.

Things worked out for him, didn't quite work out for Pep. That's football. Imo if Luiz hasd been sent off, as he should have been, the whole season may well have panned out very differently for both clubs.

But it's irrelevant. City are building a potentially fantastic young side, under a proven top of the tree manager, so it's pretty obvious why someone would be tempted to sign for us.

Even rags recognise that.
Completely agree, there was many a game when the smallest margins cost us. I know it's all "ifs buts and coconuts" but there wasn't more than 2-3 games I can remember us being out played.

If Arsenal let him go to Bayern for 10 to 15m less than what we are offering Bayern could end up meeting Sanchez wages. Bottom line its how much Sanchez wants to come to us, if he only wants us it be done in the last week or 2 of the transfer window.

That 10-15mil might fund his wage demands there and then hypothetically, yes... but it would break their strict wage structure.

Would it then cover the increased wages their other star names would demand? And going forward fund new improved contracts across the board for the duration of said contracts? No!!!

Meeting his wage demands is not something Bayern can consider unless they re-evaluate what they pay their whole playing staff - it doesn't seem to me to be a matter of 10-15mil

There is a lot of talk about Bayern but I don't see him going there. Reports saying they will make him their top earner. Unlikely IMO, getting Sanchez is not life or death for them. Will they really change their entire wage structure to accommodate Sanchez? I doubt it. Lewandowski and all others will immediately come in and ask for a raise. Lewandowski just blamed his team mates for not getting the golden boat, does anyone really think this is the type of player that will let Sanchez stroll in and be the top earner by far?

Sanchez to Bayern doesn't fit for me in many ways. He is 28 and they would have to break their transfer record for a player that will get for 2-3 years and then will have to replace again, while they currently have the task of replacing Robben and Ribery. It would make much more sense for them to buy a young bright German talent for much less or any other younger talented player from the Bundesliga where they have a lot of draw and bargaining power.

They let a younger Kroos, an immensely talented German that is now one of the best midfielders in the world, go because they didn't want to break their wage structure. Don't see them breaking it for a 28 yr old Sanchez.

As far as when the transfer could be complete, I am expecting sooner rather than later. In comparison with Spurs, Walker could drag on as they already have a very good replacement for him. There would be no point for Arsenal to stall the whole summer and then let Sanchez go on August 28 without getting a replacement. They are probably now working on a few deals like Lacazette for example and once they have that wrapped up, they let Sanchez go, fans go crazy, Lacazette is announced, fans calm down a little, more signings are announced, PL begins, fans are happy with new signings and pretty much all but forgot about Sanchez.

The talk of bayern making him the clubs highest earner is a load of shit. Sanchez will be a city player 100% its just a matter of when not if.
I think you're right more than not - but this isn't a sure thing. If Arsenal drag this on, we'd be stupid not to sign someone else. Banking on getting Sanchez at the last moment is a recipe for overspending at best or missing your transfer targets for this position altogether. 60-40 for me that this deal goes through - somewhat, but not overly surprised if it falls through.

I've decided my 10,000 post will be for if/when Sanchez is announced as a City player...

I need to step up my snarky remarks and meme/gif posting so I can be ready for it on 21/6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.