Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see this deal being easy but - given the info - I can see it being done.

And that is incredible. He's one hell of a player in a mostly average side. Imagine him in Pep's team.

I think the credit is in the last few years we've signed Stones + Sterling without there being an enormous fuss made by the selling club.
Apart from the organised, club-approved hate campaign against Sterling that resulted in death threats against his infant child, but then again we were dealing with those scummy ****s Liverpool.

I've decided my 10,000 post will be for if/when Sanchez is announced as a City player...

I need to step up my snarky remarks and meme/gif posting so I can be ready for it on 21/6.
Only sad bastards hit 10k on here mate, have a word with yourself..

I think we have to factor in that Bayern hate us and would love to beat us to him.
Try to show us who's boss.

Nope not saying that just saying Pep has yet to prove himself and I hope he does. Just frustrates me that for a supposedly great coach he seems to have been a bit naïve and did not take the oppositions strengths into account and stubbornly played his way or no way. Conte went to Chelsea very last minute with no prep from a worse starting point and look what he did.

We should of at least won a cup last season but didn't thanks to sacking off the league cup. Pep did worse than Pellergrini !
Worse starting point? Granted we were optimistic at the start of the season but I think with the defence he inherited and the injury to Kompany, plus the well intentioned but calamitous signing of Bravo, we did OK. The team bought into what Guardiola wanted and I can see what we are trying to do. We have a clear pattern of play and you can see where City are going and where we can be with better defenders. Some teams are in total disarray like Utd and Arsenal.

From an Arsenal fans perspective, I think all avenues of this deal are still open. Although it seems City are favourites, I still think there's a chance for Bayern, and still a chance Arsenal will keep him for the year.

I know £50M is a lot of money, but Arsenal might feel the best way to get back in the Champions League or challenge anywhere near the top is with Sanchez in the team. It might just be seen as a gamble worth taking.

I know there's presedence with Clichy, Abebayor, Nasri etc but Arsenal were under more financial pressure to sell then. They aren't so much now, even missing out in the Champions League isn't what it used to be. They could easily try and move on different players if they need to. What we might do is similar to what Dortmund did with Lewandowski and try and make some sort of stand. Think it depends on a few factors though.

What we don't know is Sanchez state of mind. We don't know how determined he is to push a move through. What I would say is that it doesn't seem in Sanchez nature to not give 100% on the pitch, so maybe the club considers that when we are talking about keeping an unhappy player.

I also think it might come down to what targets Arsenal secure in the market first, this might help make a Sanchez sale less of a blow and they could absorb it a bit easier. If they sign Lacazette and Mahrez for instance, we might be more inclined to let him go more than if we were scrambling about the last week looking for the next Lucas Perez.
Sanchez looked exasperated on the pitch at the end of the season. If he's not going to sign an extended contract then there will be season long rumours

Sanchez looked exasperated on the pitch at the end of the season. If he's not going to sign an extended contract then there will be season long rumours

He went through a spell where he seemed really frustrated around February time, when the whole team looked down and out and it seemed the manager was destined to leave.

Since the system change, something has clicked, the players seemed to knuckle down again and he seemed back to his usual self. We won 9 out the last 10 games with many players looking a lot more comfortable with the new system.

If he doesn't sign a new contract and we made him stay then it would be inevitable he would leave, probably to yourselves or Chelsea might even come in the reckoning then. The hope would obviously be that he continues to give 100%, since he'd want to play well in a world cup year and to also impress potential new clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.