Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wenger says that Arsenal can't compete with City for signings this January but surely they have more wiggle room that us in terms of reaching Fifa or PL financial quotas (given how much we spent in the summer). Maybe I'm wrong....but if not... you'd expect him of all people to know. (but then again I don't think he knows truth from lies anymore)

Wenger says that Arsenal can't compete with City for signings this January but surely they have more wiggle room that us in terms of reaching Fifa or PL financial quotas (given how much we spent in the summer). Maybe I'm wrong....but if not... you'd expect him of all people to know. (but then again I don't think he knows truth from lies anymore)

Report the other day said they were 2nd behind us financially & I think it said 200 mil plus, in the bank.

They are taking the piss.

They’re hamstrung by different restraints also, like the %rise they can make when it comes to increases they can make to playing staff wages... they’re on the limit with key players wanting better contracts. Another reason removing Sánchez is of benefit to them, with Ozil wanting better terms etc

Do you really think if he arrived this week Pep would play him on Sunday? I do not see that at all - why would he?
No I doubt he’d start but I’d have him on the bench simply because we only have one fit striker at the min. I know he’d need to train with the team etc but I’d certainly have him on the bench.

think tomorrows first leg with come in to play. If they get tonked 4/5-0 them think he will be here at the weekend, If they are still in the tie then it will drag on until nearer the end of January.

Thing is though, they're not getting great performances from him at the moment and also it's been all over the press that his team mates want him gone asap. They left it too long to bring in a replacement in the Summer so the way things currently stand, a quick deal might suit them too.

They've got plenty of cash, they just don't seem to spend it all that often. I can't decide whether it's the board, or whether it's Wenger trying to prove you can be successful on a tight budget. Ether way their fans seem to be getting sick of paying Frank Sinatra prices for Frank Spencer football.

They've got plenty of cash, they just don't seem to spend it all that often. I can't decide whether it's the board, or whether it's Wenger trying to prove you can be successful on a tight budget. Ether way their fans seem to be getting sick of paying Frank Sinatra prices for Frank Spencer football.
They don't stay away though do they.

is that not a good thing that he doesn't walk straight into the team
Yep, 100%. I'm not as excited about this signing as I was 3-4 months ago is all. Guess it's a bit of 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' going on in my head, albeit one injury to one of the front 3 then everything becomes a lot harder. Glad I'm not Pep having to pick the team if/when he joins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.