Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly, that's a shit ton of money for a player who's realistically got maybe a couple of years left at the very top at best, who wouldn't really improve our team, only our squad. I've been pretty negative about this move all along, as I just don't see the point in such a huge investment for such a short term, very marginal improvement?
In
I'm happy to see him here, within reason and within budget, on our terms. If the club think the demands are too high and he goes to the rags that's fine by me, they need full backs and a right winger a lot more.

Whinger had said pretty much the he's leaving and we'll know imminently. Seems he's going now not summer, he wants us, Arsenal want more money and United will offer more money. Love triangle.

Part of me still thinks this is a play by Sanchez to get us to bring him in now and match United's offer to get it done. If he signs for us he's pretty much guaranteed a winners medal minimum this year, hope it ends well for us and with egg on Jose's face.

Arsenal cannot make him sign for Utd.

Well that’s three times now I’ve loss my mortgage money!
I must stop being easily led, by fast buck can’t loose bets on bluemoon!

I wouldnt lose any sleep him not coming to City if he goes to the rags he still wont win fu*k all

This, for me! Look, I want him here. I'll say it again, I want him here and think he'll be a great addition. He will improve the team, but we don't absolutely need him. If he takes a look at our position, potential, future, playing style, coach, etc and compares us to United and chooses United, then bugger off. We were going to pay him well and give him the best chance of winning trophies, but if United want to pay astronomical fees, then we are NOT going to pay that and he can go there if he wants.

Fucking shambles this. A player who apparently had agreed to come to us in summer, now we let our hated and still dangerous rivals get a major coup on us, not to mention the suddenly now positive spin on it in the media to big those cünts up. And he'll definitely improve their team while we're fucking about trying to play Bernardo as a striker. I'm fucking fuming. We never seem to really press home advantages when we're on top, just like with RvP we let those wankers back in. Absolutely fucking shit from us this. Smalltime and unambitious, and arrogant and complacent.

lolz

Too many blinkers on here regarding the Sanchez move, City will have more than one target in areas which need strengthening, like a Fernandinho understudy/ replacement, and another CB now that Vinny seems to be coming to the end of his career, and Mangala is too accident prone.
City have obviously been busy in recent weeks talking to representatives of Fred and Seri, and we have FFP and a wage structure that needs to be taken into account.
I’d rather sign a new defensive midfielder and/or CB than Sanchez if given the choice.
But whatever happens, there are those who are in possession of all the facts (and figures) making the big decisions at City, as well as Guardiola, not us mere fans who have but a fraction of the big picture, filtered through social media and sky/talkshite

No because that’s obviously different to the matter at hand. What Alexis wants is within reason for all top players. Pay him a higher signing on fee, reduce his wages simple.
Or not, since the signing on fee is seemingly after paying Arsenal £35m and paying his agent £10m. That's taking the piss.

John Cross reckons he's going to United.

This for me is the clearest indication this is all coming from the Arsenal end.

Sucked back into the thread (me that is). I saw you expressing confidence that he would come to City but I have never been confident he would although I have tired to be optimistic. I'm certain he won't now and given, as you pointed out, how long we have coveted him, it does hack me off that we have failed to get him. This may be an honourable fail but it is still a fail and the club do need to look at why they have failed: it's not just a question of the Rags gazumping us at the end with silly money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.