Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
For once Arsenal getting good signings in though if they get Auba and Malcom.

Sounds more like Wenger trying to convince the Arsenal fans to give him one more season.

He knows it’s going only to get more toxic without Sanchez.

Plus Özil still hasn’t renewed yet.

The 'it's nailed on to City brigade' have gone very quiet.

My thought on the summer was if we didn't secure him he wouldn't play for City.

Hope I'm still wrong.
No kiam, your stance was he was going to sign a new contract at Arsenal. Any chance of that bet?

It would be nice to get him, but i’m not going to loose any sleep if we don’t . We can’t expect to sign every player and i’m sure we have a plan B even if it is in the summer.
Who knows, he might have upset the apple cart anyway.
We’ve done ok without him so far and i’m sure we will still be just fine regardless. Some you win, some you loose.

United have put together a HUGE deal for a 29 year old who has clocked some insane minutes with no rest since 2013 is close to £100m.

£35m base fee, Greedy agent fees, 300k/week with a four year contract (62m total) plus god knows what addons.

Not surprised we didn't meet those demands.

Onwards and upwards, we can put the money towards someone younger in the summer.

Can't wait for the media over the next 4-5 years talk about a 25 mil bargain.. If City paid everything United is, everything would be they're ruining football and violating FFP. People on here are upset with not paying outrageous fees for a player and agent who already accepted a deal then used a bigger deal from someone else to try to get more out of us. It is smart business because a lot more future transfers would try to do the same. City fans would be okay with him coming into the team and making a lot more money than De Bruyne and Silva?

In the last few years we took a stand with Hazard’s agent and he went to Chelsea, he’s been a huge part of Chelsea twice winning the league. We were heavily linked with van Persie but pulled out and he ended up at United winning them the league.

Now we have Arsenal’s best player about to sign for united after we’ve chased him for the best part of a year but bailed at the cost. I think it will prove to be a huge mistake, Sanchez is desperate for success, hugely hungry and has an enormous work rate. He will paper over a lot of their weaknesses and I firmly believe will help them win trophies. He’s going for the best deal because it’s his last chance.

Sooner or later we’re going to realise that we’ve changed the game. There's been an incredible escalation in cost, wages and agents fees in part due to our impact in the transfer market. If we keep walking away from the top level players we’re going to struggle to stay at the top. Barca, Real, PSG and united all overpay at times but they tend to sign the players they want. Once there’s an auction we’re out.

Problem is there are limited number of players good enough to play for us. We paid what we needed to for Ederson and 3 full backs and got a huge improvement in performance in our team. If Walker or Ederson pulled the same stunt we would’ve walked and our team would’ve suffered.

Sanchez would have made a difference today and in many matches for the rest of the season. Instead united will get a hungry hard worker desperate to win.

excellent post mate.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.