Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not denying that Sanchez would improve under Pep. But Sanchez is not the only player out there who would improve under Pep.

I see you rate Dybala at £130m. That in itself is already a more worthwhile long term investment than paying £50m for a 30 year old at £400k per week. If we had bought Sanchez he might have played a part in our CL but we dont need him for the league. By 2021 when his legs fall off at 32-33 we are then bound to buy another replacement which by inflation standards would set us around £150-250m for the hottest prospect in 2021.

We buy a young player at the price that reflects our need, keep him here for 8 years or more as we have with Aguero and Silva. Wishful thinking is to have academy pkayers making the cut, but a young player this January or summer would do. If we can find a Salah like bargain at £37m we would be in a better positiion than spending £50m and the highest wage for a player with 2-3 more years left.

I completely understand that, but I just can't see City paying over 100m on a forward player when they have other positions to fill as well. We will be looking at almost 300m on summer transfers and Pep has already made it clear at the start of this season that City won't spend anywhere near the amount next season as we have this season. Straight from the horses mouth.

I just don't see how we can afford it.

A great great player, will do well at United fits everything Mourinho wants from an attacking player. Is he someone worth compromising our wage structure for I don't know but not signing Hazard and Van Persie were big fuck ups and this could be one as well. We are definitely light up front be interesting to see who Pep turns to next.

it was a mistake taht we didnt sign hazard or van persie when we were still in the melee of title challenges. we were barely scraping wins sometimes with mancini who was more defensive minded and fixed our leaky back four. We had the likes of Lescott and bit part players.

our position now is much stronger, the table doesnt lie. but yes we can still be a victim of complacency so we need to invest. We are certainly light up front but missing out on Sanchez is not as big a tragedy as van Persie. Shame we didnt get Hazard though as we could have left teams behind with a Hazard-Silva midfield. We should be able to hold our ground without Sanchez he's not exactly found his last season form this year.

our interest in him stemmed from pre season as we thought the leage would be more competitive. Now that we know where we stand, I think we have more room to take risks with younger signings.

Damage control just like they always do, also there's no source given only Adam Joseph(is he even a journo or is he just a twittati?)

This one gives a source(independent) and not a red top paper either so more credible and also more believable as the other wouldn't have swung a player who made no secret of his preferred destination:

CityWatch Tweet
City also knew paying Alexis Sanchez £400,000-a-week would distort their pay structure, which involves lower basic wages plus bonuses. [Independent]

it was a mistake taht we didnt sign hazard or van persie when we were still in the melee of title challenges. we were barely scraping wins sometimes with mancini who was more defensive minded and fixed our leaky back four. We had the likes of Lescott and bit part players.

our position now is much stronger, the table doesnt lie. but yes we can still be a victim of complacency so we need to invest. We are certainly light up front but missing out on Sanchez is not as big a tragedy as van Persie. Shame we didnt get Hazard though as we could have left teams behind with a Hazard-Silva midfield. We should be able to hold our ground without Sanchez he's not exactly found his last season form this year.

our interest in him stemmed from pre season as we thought the leage would be more competitive. Now that we know where we stand, I think we have more room to take risks with younger signings.

Stronger my arse. We still have an unbalanced squad and still squander most of our chances. Letting the rags sign Sanchez is in line with signing Mangala and Fernando. He's younger than Sergio and is a proven player in a Pep team.

City will be better off without him.
Sanchez will have his moments, but overall he will disappoint the next 3y. Its like investing in a players past than his future. The high salary will create problems with other players. All the players contributing same or more than Sanchez will want the same money. And rightly so.

We missed a trick here.
He is world class. Adds something great to the team, is 29 not 39!

He will improve the Rags which makes me want to throw up!

Stronger my arse. We still have an unbalanced squad and still squander most of our chances. Letting the rags sign Sanchez is in line with signing Mangala and Fernando. He's younger than Sergio and is a proven player in a Pep team.

But getting Sanchez doesnt balance it at all right? The only problem with Sanchez to the rags is that it strengthens a rival and even if we bought him these other teams are bound to invest on someone else.

We squander some chances but having Sterling Sane Jesus and Aguero in the top 10 goalscorer list show that we take a lot of them as well. Our issue is finding someone to rotate with Silva and Fern. Our wingers are absolutely fine.

He's only 1 year younger than Aguero though, and what will we do when both reach 32-33? I trust in Pep and the club to identify a better and more committed player than Sanchez who will be a more worthwhile investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.