Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am happy he is not coming here and this is not me being bitter. We don' need sanchez his attitude is not what we are about. We need a taller battering ram, someone like Icardi, and under 26. This will turn out great I can see us finding a gem from under a rock trust the system guys.

Instead we have a player like Aguero who briefs the press to alert clubs that he is available in the summer if the situation doesn't change and to show the footballing world he is unhappy playing for Guardiola.

The rags believing that Sanchez will elevate them like Van Persie did.

They are quick to dismiss that Van Persie left arsenal with 30 goals and 13 assists in his final season of a top 4 team, while Sanchez is 2/3 into the season with only 7 goals and 2 assists in a struggling 6th place arsenal.

As good as Sanchez is, he is more of a player who shines in a good system. 2 assists as a winger is quite poor. van Persie would score tons of goals even if he plays for a championship side.

Would be great to get Sanchez as he will add depth and option, but not the end of the world for us, we just have to find a bargain attacking player like Salah, Sane, KDB etc.

Estimated prices on realistic targets:

Toby Alderweireld - 60m
Fred 55m
Griezmann or Dybala - 130m

Total - 245m

Txixi has his head in the clouds. A top striker in the summer is NOT going to happen especially if we prioritise the other 2 positions mentioned.

I don't even want Fred either, I would rather Fabinho or Milinkovic Savic which would cost you more than Fred anyway.

If Griezmann goes to Barca we could get Luis Suarez. He'd fit nicely

The rags believing that Sanchez will elevate them like Van Persie did.

They are quick to dismiss that Van Persie left arsenal with 30 goals and 13 assists in his final season of a top 4 team, while Sanchez is 2/3 into the season with only 7 goals and 2 assists in a struggling 6th place arsenal.

As good as Sanchez is, he is more of a player who shines in a good system. 2 assists as a winger is quite poor. van Persie would score tons of goals even if he plays for a championship side.

Would be great to get Sanchez as he will add depth and option, but not the end of the world for us, we just have to find a bargain attacking player like Salah, Sane, KDB etc.

I am not slating Sterling in any way shape or form, but if you put Sanchez in any team, he will be a star, put Sterling in Utd's team and he will be no better than Rashford under Jose. Pep has made Sterling the player he is.

Same with Hazard, him and Alexis have star quality that players like Sterling don't have. As fantastic as Sterling has been this season, I doubt he will have as good of a goal return next season as he has this season. Sanchez has scored consistently for Arsenal every season he has been there.

First post in this thread but I've been reading it all. My thoughts are really mixed.
On the one hand I've always wanted Sanchez. Offers dynamism, great touch and control, energy, link up play and goals. Since his Udinese days I've admired him. So to miss out is very disappointing especially if he goes to that rat infested cess pit. City would seem the more attractive footballing option as has widely been stated by every pundit, even camel gob admits that. (And he's a twat)
BUT
On the other hand, this so called dream of playing for Pep appears exaggerated and over riden by money. Fair enough he wants more money, maybe that's normal. But looking at the team, the 18 players who got us this far, thrilled us and broke records to put us in pole position to win the league, would signing him now cause disruption especially to the player dropped to shoe horn him in the side? Would that matter? All I know is Sanchez has not been on the pitch during this run. He wasn't sweating blood to score those late goals to win matches. He wasn't on the pitch when I ended up 4 rows down from where i was sat in the CB stand after Sterlings 96th minute winner v Saints hugging some lady I'd never met in my life (she was fit too ). 400k a week? More than Silva, Kev?, mmm not sure that sits well with me. To go to the swamp to play for a manager like Mourinho seems odd for the type of player he is.
So....I'm in 2 minds....time will tell whether or not it was wise to not get him.(If we don't, as appears we wont) Where we are at next season and the season after will contextualise it. We have to trust Pep knows what he's doing hes more qualified than any of us.

A great great player, will do well at United fits everything Mourinho wants from an attacking player. Is he someone worth compromising our wage structure for I don't know but not signing Hazard and Van Persie were big fuck ups and this could be one as well. We are definitely light up front be interesting to see who Pep turns to next.

I am not slating Sterling in any way shape or form, but if you put Sanchez in any team, he will be a star, put Sterling in Utd's team and he will be no better than Rashford under Jose. Pep has made Sterling the player he is.

Same with Hazard, him and Alexis have star quality that players like Sterling don't have. As fantastic as Sterling has been this season, I doubt he will have as good of a goal return next season as he has this season. Sanchez has scored consistently for Arsenal every season he has been there.

Not denying that Sanchez would improve under Pep. But Sanchez is not the only player out there who would improve under Pep.

I see you rate Dybala at £130m. That in itself is already a more worthwhile long term investment than paying £50m for a 30 year old at £400k per week. If we had bought Sanchez he might have played a part in our CL but we dont need him for the league. By 2021 when his legs fall off at 32-33 we are then bound to buy another replacement which by inflation standards would set us around £150-250m for the hottest prospect in 2021.

We buy a young player at the price that reflects our need, keep him here for 8 years or more as we have with Aguero and Silva. Wishful thinking is to have academy pkayers making the cut, but a young player this January or summer would do. If we can find a Salah like bargain at £37m we would be in a better positiion than spending £50m and the highest wage for a player with 2-3 more years left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.