Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many sulkers talking out of their arse, we'll get someone else without fucking the wage structure up for one player hopefully, it's not the end of the world.

Exactly. As good as a team we have now on the field, our mentality is that of a small club. We need to shake off this small mentality and stop letting teams like Utd financially bully us in the market. Its time we started bullying and dictating the market ourselves just like PSG did this summer.

Fuck principles of the club, if the club wants aspirations of winning the champions league, its time we started taking some calculated risks.

We didn't pay the Alves wages so instead we ended up with a 26m shithouse in Danilo. Lessons need to be learned this summer and if Txixi keeps performing in the same manner, its time to really re-consider his position at the club.
Just remind us all again ... why is Txiki getting the blame for this non transfer ? Or have you conveniently forgotten how he helped to bring in Messrs KDB,Sane,Walker,B.Silva,Ederson,Jesus etc etc ?

I'd question @Prestwich_Blue on that one, at the prices quoted it looked like £134m over 3.5 years to me, closer to £170m over 5. Anyway we're in agreement on the central point. Player we don't need and a millstone around our necks once his level drops.
See, I'd expect more for that outlay. I know people don't like to discuss the money but any discussion of a players merits is pointless without it. What if we could get a 26 y-o Griezmann for not much more?

I am happy he is not coming here and this is not me being bitter. We don' need sanchez his attitude is not what we are about. We need a taller battering ram, someone like Icardi, and under 26. This will turn out great I can see us finding a gem from under a rock trust the system guys.

Personally I'd like us to stick two fingers to FFP and pay whatever we want to be the absolute best.

In reality, my concerns are to do with recent history. We didn't pay what was required for Hazard and RVP and we didn't turn the screw when we should have and it came back to bite us.

Taking this stand will please the big blue accountants but our closest rival will now be stronger when we could have further stamped our authority over everyone in the league.

Just my opinion, I know it's not the end of the world and I know I'm in the minority.
Every club deals with these choices. No club can sign every player they want to. Not every signing you do make is going to turn out as think they are. It's a very imprecise art. You assess a player and if he is what you think you want you place a value on him according to the market and what you can afford for him. If the deal comes off and he turns out to be what you thought he was, happy days, if not you move on. Football is full of deals gone wrong, it's part of the business, but we can't allow a fixation on one player to upset the whole team dynamic.
I agree that Sanchez would have been a good addition to our squad and if he goes to Utd he will be a good addition to theirs, but I don't want him at any price. The club have put a valuation on him and stuck to it. I support them in that stance, it augers well for the future.
The best thing about our club is that we have good owners, good management, a good strategy and philosophy and a bit of money spend. We're not going to get everything right all the time but if we stick to our MO we are going to get more right than wrong. We need to give our management some credit and cut them some slack. They have done brilliantly for us so far, despite not getting everything right along the way, and they will do ok for us in the future.

Estimated prices on realistic targets:

Toby Alderweireld - 60m
Fred 55m
Griezmann or Dybala - 130m

Total - 245m

Txixi has his head in the clouds. A top striker in the summer is NOT going to happen especially if we prioritise the other 2 positions mentioned.

I don't even want Fred either, I would rather Fabinho or Milinkovic Savic which would cost you more than Fred anyway.

Just remind us all again ... why is Txiki getting the blame for this non transfer ? Or have you conveniently forgotten how he helped to bring in Messrs KDB,Sane,Walker,B.Silva,Ederson,Jesus etc etc ?

Danilo is shit. Kolarov was better.

I appreciate some of the signings he has made, but the significant signings he has bottled are the ones which have gone to rival clubs in the same league. That is not a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.