Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bet you didn't call Yaya and Kun mercenaries though?

Actually there is an interview out there somewhere with Gary Cook where he states Ya Ya totally bought into and believed in the project and the money wasn't his motivation. He said for Tevez and a couple of others it was but not for Ya Ya.

When we were attempting to build this club up from 35 years of mediocrity we had to bend over a bit to attract players. That is no longer the case. Sanchez is an ageing mercenary looking for one last big pay day and him and his selfish Mr, me, me attitude can fuck right off!

I agree. I'm glad we walked away when the agent walked back on the deal.

I'm not going to grandstand about it though like we're pious and better because of it.

That's what the ****s in Salford and Arsenal did for almost the past decade.

Yep - there's no moral high ground to take here (although it is fun seeing those opposition fans who said players were just joining us for the money, yet here we have United offering more money while being miles behind us in the league, squirm like fuck). It's just a case of backing whatever stance the club employs at that moment in time. We've not been averse to chucking money at players in the past to get them to join but now we're in a position where we can pick and choose a lot more, and more importantly the squad harmony needs keeping intact.

Maybe if he'd gone to Southampton and proved himself at this level.

As it is we know no more about him now than we did last year.

I’m sure Pep does. He looked a great prospect before he was loaned to Celtic. Need to give him a chance now - he’s older than our academy grads.

I’m sure Pep does. He looked a great prospect before he was loaned to Celtic. Need to give him a chance now - he’s older than our academy grads.
Suspect he'll be sold to be honest. Going back to Celtic wasn't too smart.

Agreed Yaya came for the money. He was the trigger for all our other signings when such a big player - a champions league winner - signs.

Had no idea David Brent was a City fan!
Absolutely.
z7RSfqt.gif

Pep does this before every team talk.

Patrick Roberts?? Give him a chance.

Just play Diaz instead. He's a better prospect, and the kid we saw vs. Shakhtar would be more than useful in the back end of the season.

For a start he should play vs. Bristol and Cardiff/Mansfield next week, and maybe we'll see him step up when given a more prolonged run out.

No one expects him to be Sanchez, but a decent option to give Sterling/Sané 20-30 minutes rest in games we're leading is definitely something he could be until the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.