Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in a completely different position as a club now, we don't need to bribe players to play for us with ridiculous money, that's the rags job now.

Teams like Barca and PSG dont need to "bribe" anyone. They are top clubs but throw such large amounts of money round because thats what the market is for world class players. The days for getting "world class" for less than 300-400k a week will soon be over. Those teams mentioned did it becuase thats what it takes to stay on top and get the top players. When you read Sam's report its clear, this was never about money and not wanting to pay him more. We made this personal and thats the only reason we walked away.

I don't think City are unduly worried about missing out on Sanchez tbh. It felt like much of the momentum/appetite for the move was lost when Arsenal messed us around at the end of August.

We were evidently willing to stick to the original offer to the player - I don't think we would've left him high and dry, because of the message it would send out to future targets - but our complete refusal to improve terms suggests to me that we weren't that bothered if we lost out. I don't think it was complacency or arrogance that we thought he would only choose us/Guardiola, or even a moral stance against agent fees. I just think we might've moved on from a target who turns 30 this year.

we agreed a deal ,he was happy to sign ,then arsenal fucked about ,we must of said to him deals still in place either jan or summer, his agent has gone around telling people he will get xyz from city can you beat it ,united have beat it ,his agent has come back to us for more money and weve told him to fuck off,I'm more than happy with that, don't get me wrong I would of loved sanchez at city,but fuck him.
This exactly!

I don't think City are unduly worried about missing out on Sanchez tbh. It felt like much of the momentum/appetite for the move was lost when Arsenal messed us around at the end of August.

We were evidently willing to stick to the original offer to the player - I don't think we would've left him high and dry, because of the message it would send out to future targets - but our complete refusal to improve terms suggests to me that we weren't that bothered if we lost out. I don't think it was complacency or arrogance that we thought he would only choose us/Guardiola, or even a moral stance against agent fees. I just think we might've moved on from a target who turns 30 this year.
The fact we are 12 points clear changed the landscape a good deal.

Mercenaries don't stay at clubs for 7+ years. To call one of our greatest ever players - a man that scored the winner in the s/f and final of our first trophy for many, many years, who took the Newcastle match by it's balls when it was drifting away, who stayed on on one leg to set up Zaba v QPR, who scored a screamer to equalise in the LC Final v Sunderland, who powered over 20 goals and was unplayable in a league winning season, who scored the winning pen in another cup final, and who could have signed for much much more money in China this season but opted to stay on on reduced terms to help out City for one more year - to call him a mercenary is just mindless and in bad taste.
This is spot on!
Not only did he do all that, for four years he was the best midfielder in the premiership, possibly Europe, everyone knew it! But as he chose to play for us, personal accolades on this side of the water never came his way! Everything went through Yaya, And Yaya dictated the way we played.
I have been lucky to have seen him playing at his very best, and I mean very best!
It was unbelievable the way both Yaya and Silva, would hold on to the ball, no fecker could get the ball off them. Then there’s the passing between them, sometimes it seemed they were taking the piss out of the opposition!
I am extremely great full he chose to play for Manchester City, and in doing so, giving us his peak years. He is City Legend to me and always will.

Think this is it. We were given a get out clause and we took it. The unexpected goalscoring prowess of Raheem, the continued upward trajectory of Leroy and question marks over Alexis's performances made us rethink.

I understand your point however market forces mean wages and transfer fees dont stay still very long.
The reality is that if you want the highest quality then you have to stump up the cash and move with the market (whatever the market demands). If you don't then you will not get the best players and be left behind. That's the reality.
In the summer the world's best players will be asking the same salaries. Are we going to meet the market or go bargain hunting ? That's what interest me because we refused VVD's transfer fee and are doing the same for Sanchez. This is not a good sign

The best team doesn’t always need the best players, it’s how they work together and compliment each other not just on the pitch but off it as well.

You only have look at the characters we’ve brought in this season (e.g. Mendy) whose seasons been fucked by injury but he’s there and giving his support to the others, he even said he’s got a fight on his hands to get his left back position off Delph which must have been a huge confidence booster for him.

If there’s a player we think will fit in the team, who will improve us and themselves in the process we’ll pay the money (e.g. Walker).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.