Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we don't pay these wages. He can only ask Arsenal for it because they don't win any important trophy and don't play Champions League. If he wants to join a new club it should be definitely for football reasons. No need to pay such wages. It's up to him if he wants to win major trophies, be it Bayern or us, or just to earn much money. If the later, he should just extend his contract with Arsenal.

I hope we don't pay these wages. He can only ask Arsenal for it because they don't win any important trophy and don't play Champions League. If he wants to join a new club it should be definitely for football reasons. No need to pay such wages. It's up to him if he wants to win major trophies, be it Bayern or us, or just to earn much money. If the later, he should just extend his contract with Arsenal.

Bizarre argument. He's an exceptional player who produces goals, something Pep has targeted as an area of improvement for us. Those factors will mean we will pay high wages, probably structured through attainable bonuses. Any of the 3 clubs that are an option play great football and have chances of trophies.

I don't believe he will earn those wages, I reckon it's just a stick to Beat us with if/when he signs!
We can't have the unwashed masses thinking players join city for anything other than money can we?

SportBILD aren't reliable, but, that Bayern would struggle to pay Sanchez's desired wages is obvious and has been so from the start.

As I've said many times on here, Bayern cannot afford a squad-wide wage restructure and the weeks, if not months, of contract wrangling that comes with it.

Edit: whether City will be willing to meet his demands remains to be seen, but at the very least we know Sanchez wants to play here.

Last edited:
SportBILD aren't reliable, but, that Bayern would struggle to pay Sanchez's desired wages is obvious and has been so from the start.

As I've said many times on here, Bayern cannot afford a squad-wide wage restructure and the weeks, if not months, of contract wrangling that comes with it. Their top paid player, Lewadowski, currently earns less than what Sanchez does at Arsenal and it's obvious Alexis isn't moving to have parity.
You could say the same for City. We aren't going to pay him anything like the figures mentioned either. There was a comparison of wage bills for a previous season I saw recently and City's wage bill was less than Liverpools. It might have changed since, and it might not include bonuses, but I seriously doubt that there is a significant difference between what Sanchez could earn if he stayed at Arsenal, and what he would earn if he moved to City. If he moves it will be because he wants to fight for the league title and the Champions League.

Arsenal have to decide whether they keep him for a final year and then let him go on a free. I think they will have to let him go because there is a massive risk his performance level will deteriorate. There will be all kinds of speculation as they approach the January window and then the end of season. Better to bite the bullet now and rebuild.

You could say the same for City. We aren't going to pay him anything like the figures mentioned either. There was a comparison of wage bills for a previous season I saw recently and City's wage bill was less than Liverpools. It might have changed since, and it might not include bonuses, but I seriously doubt that there is a significant difference between what Sanchez could earn if he stayed at Arsenal, and what he would earn if he moved to City. If he moves it will be because he wants to fight for the league title and the Champions League.

Arsenal have to decide whether they keep him for a final year and then let him go on a free. I think they will have to let him go because there is a massive risk his performance level will deteriorate. There will be all kinds of speculation as they approach the January window and then the end of season. Better to bite the bullet now and rebuild.

I agree to an extent, see my edit above, however there are some differences.

Bayern are less willing to break their wage structure than City for the following reasons;

1. They are in a strong position and could, in any given year, achieve domestic and international success whether they sign Sanchez or not.

2. Bayern have a very strict wage structure which is a source of pride, to the point it has stopped them signing world class/expensive talent, in favour of absorbing from Germany, in the past. Rummenigge promised not to go over €200,000 per week and, discounting bonuses, they haven't.

3. Bayern have less money in general, getting less for winning the Bundesliga than Sunderland got for getting relegated.

4. Bayern's capital almost certainly can't support the system of high-paid, aging players being shifted on loan as their performance declines, as City are following.

Ultimately, it comes down to how much City want Sanchez. We need him more and arguably have a more fluid wage structure with borderline unlimited potential, further, he wants to come and would perhaps take less to do so.

As for Arsenal, they'll drag this on but if Bayern isn't an option then they won't flush north of £50m down the toilet.

Why do these types of posts keep making the front page? I read the title and said, "No shit." Wenger comes out weeks ago and says

A)We aren't selling Alexis, he's playing out his contract

And

B)If we must sell the player (meaning a transfer demand from Alexis) it will not be to anyone domestic.

And yet we still have threads just like this every day. I come to the sub looking for new info, and I just keep getting the same obvious non-news every day. It's going to be another long summer.

Saw this in an Arsenal forum after the "Arsenal won't sell to City or Chelsea" headline last night.

Oh God, I hope this comes off, their fans are so adamant it's not going to.

I agree to an extent, see my edit above, however there are some differences.

Bayern are less willing to break their wage structure than City for the following reasons;

1. They are in a strong position and could, in any given year, achieve domestic and international success whether they sign Sanchez or not.

2. Bayern have a very strict wage structure which is a source of pride, to the point it has stopped them signing world class/expensive talent, in favour of absorbing from Germany, in the past. Rummenigge promised not to go over €200,000 per week and, discounting bonuses, they haven't.

3. Bayern have less money in general, getting less for winning the Bundesliga than Sunderland got for getting relegated.

4. Bayern's capital almost certainly can't support the system of high-paid, aging players being shifted on loan as their performance declines, as City are following.

Ultimately, it comes down to how much City want Sanchez. We need him more and arguably have a more fluid wage structure with borderline unlimited potential, further, he wants to come and would perhaps take less to do so.

As for Arsenal, they'll drag this on but if Bayern isn't an option then they won't flush north of £50m down the toilet.
They might see the £50m as a price worth paying if he gets them another FA Cup or gets them back in the Champions League. If that happened the £50m would not be money down the toilet, the trouble is if he they turn his move down now, they risk alienating the player, and his last season will be like a circus with it turning sour. There's certainly that risk.

If were City, I would be looking at Mbappe though. He is the player, however it looks impossible. I am sure we will know now whether it's possible or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.