Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally appreciate where you are coming from but I think if the opportunity presented itself we would be silly to say no. I actually quite like Navas but I would take sanchez over him without a seconds thought. Plus Gabi jesus will, I think, eventually be sharing the role of striker with Kun. Sanchez can play so many different positions and he is world class, we would be mad not to.

Having said that I cant see it happening, I think he will either sign an improved contract or go to bayern

What makes you think that Bayern would pay what is required??? Those days are long gone for German rags. If Sanchez comes on the market, only 2/3 clubs come in to the equation, we are one of them!!

If he's going anywhere, he'll go where the money is and he'll do what he thinks is best for Alexis. But if he doesn't come to us, it'll serve him right for choosing London when he came to the PL. What I can't understand is what mentality would give up the opportunity of playing on the same side as David Silva?

He will sign a new deal,we'll be used for that

Wouldn't be that upset to be honest. If our offer makes him aware of his market value and he leaves to seek more money, we massively weaken a top 4 team even if he doesn't join us.

If they cave in to his wage demands it'll likely ruin their wage structure and cost them tens of millions by the time everyone else has had new contracts to reflect that change in structure, or players leave after becoming unhappy. Would piss off Wenger royally too.

Besides I think his problem is as much the lack of achievement as it is money. He knows he should be winning trophies, and he's 28 now.

Totally appreciate where you are coming from but I think if the opportunity presented itself we would be silly to say no. I actually quite like Navas but I would take sanchez over him without a seconds thought. Plus Gabi jesus will, I think, eventually be sharing the role of striker with Kun. Sanchez can play so many different positions and he is world class, we would be mad not to.

Having said that I cant see it happening, I think he will either sign an improved contract or go to bayern

Aguero, Iheanacho, Sané, Sterling, G. Jesus and Sanchez is too many players IMO even if we bin Navas and Nolito, and Marlos Moreno, and Patrick Roberts and Enes Unal, and Zinchenko. Not to mention future opportunities for Brahim, Sancho etc. etc.

At the moment we only have 1 nailed on starter, Aguero, which gives us quite a lot of flexibility as to the other 2 or 3 in the forward line. If Sanchez arrived we would have 2 guaranteed starters and that would mean 4 players scrapping for one other spot.

I think we'd end up losing one of the world class prospects for a 28 year old, and while it might get us a boost in the short term, might give us our very own Chelsea-Kevin De Bruyne moments later on.

If you think back to Pep's Barcelona he had 4 players for the front 3 and all were very good.

If you think back to Bayern he had more, but mainly because Ribery and Robben were always injured, and thats how he kept 6 players happy.

If we got Sanchez, someone out of Sané (£47m), Sterling (£49m) and Gabriel Jesus (£27m) would eventually become unhappy and probably leave, which would be a shame given the time and investment we'll have made in them, and the fact they're all 6-8 years younger than Sanchez.

I wouldn't object to getting him here obviously, he's a phenomenal player, but I think it would have drawbacks, the squad wouldn't be balanced.

Last edited:
Hazard chose the chavs over us and we couldn't sign Sanchez because of FFP,the moment has passed now we have spent a fortune on the kids

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.