Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry but if Sanchez is available you go for him, regardless of what we have spent in the past or youth players we have coming through. Much like when Barca went for Suarez, if a player of that quality is available you go for them.

Also, lets not get away from the fact that Pep will eventually have us playing a back 3, meaning 4 wingers on the pitch like he did at Bayern. Navas, Sterling and Sane are our out and out wingers at the club with Nolito an inside forward type, Gabriel Jesus a mixture of both, we have room for Sanchez imo. Plus Pep will sell at least a couple of our attackers at some point.

Aguero, Iheanacho, Sané, Sterling, G. Jesus and Sanchez is too many players IMO even if we bin Navas and Nolito, and Marlos Moreno, and Patrick Roberts and Enes Unal, and Zinchenko. Not to mention future opportunities for Brahim, Sancho etc. etc.

At the moment we only have 1 nailed on starter, Aguero, which gives us quite a lot of flexibility as to the other 2 or 3 in the forward line. If Sanchez arrived we would have 2 guaranteed starters and that would mean 4 players scrapping for one other spot.

I think we'd end up losing one of the world class prospects for a 28 year old, and while it might get us a boost in the short term, might give us our very own Chelsea-Kevin De Bruyne moments later on.

If you think back to Pep's Barcelona he had 4 players for the front 3 and all were very good.

If you think back to Bayern he had more, but mainly because Ribery and Robben were always injured, and thats how he kept 6 players happy.

If we got Sanchez, someone out of Sané (£47m), Sterling (£49m) and Gabriel Jesus (£27m) would eventually become unhappy and probably leave, which would be a shame given the time and investment we'll have made in them, and the fact they're all 6-8 years younger than Sanchez.

I wouldn't object to getting him here obviously, he's a phenomenal player, but I think it would have drawbacks, the squad wouldn't be balanced.
Spot on.

I'm sorry but if Sanchez is available you go for him, regardless of what we have spent in the past or youth players we have coming through. Much like when Barca went for Suarez, if a player of that quality is available you go for them.

Also, lets not get away from the fact that Pep will eventually have us playing a back 3, meaning 4 wingers on the pitch like he did at Bayern. Navas, Sterling and Sane are our out and out wingers at the club with Nolito an inside forward type, Gabriel Jesus a mixture of both, we have room for Sanchez imo. Plus Pep will sell at least a couple of our attackers at some point.

You're example of Suarez and Barcelona makes no sense - they didn't just buy him because he was available, they were desperately after a striker and approached Aguero first but got told no.

And I don't think Pep played 4 wingers simultaneously more than once or twice in 3 years in Munich.

You're example of Suarez and Barcelona makes no sense - they didn't just buy him because he was available, they were desperately after a striker and approached Aguero first but got told no.

And I don't think Pep played 4 wingers simultaneously more than once or twice in 3 years in Munich.

Neymar-Messi-Pedro/Sanchez was their front 3 before they signed Suarez (granted they sold Sanchez to help fund Suarez), plenty of quality in there, they needed a striker as much as we need a striker/winger right now. Their biggest problem was their manager who was sacked after that season. You just don't pass up the chance to sign top quality players when they become available.

The 3 at the back appears to be the direction he wants to go in the future, it started to become a tactic he'd go to at Bayern, certainly not every game but often enough. Alright maybe not 4 wingers that often, more like 3 with Muller drifting from wide inside, Sanchez has the ability to play inside too which would give Pep the same flexibility in his tactics, also takes a bit more goalscoring pressure off of Aguero. I think the way he's lined up so far this season suggests he would like to play 3 at the back he just doesn't have the defenders he wants (Bonucci, Laporte). I mean it would make sense given he prefers midfielders.

Neymar-Messi-Pedro/Sanchez was their front 3 before they signed Suarez (granted they sold Sanchez to help fund Suarez), plenty of quality in there, they needed a striker as much as we need a striker/winger right now. Their biggest problem was their manager who was sacked after that season. You just don't pass up the chance to sign top quality players when they become available.

The 3 at the back appears to be the direction he wants to go in the future, it started to become a tactic he'd go to at Bayern, certainly not every game but often enough. Alright maybe not 4 wingers that often, more like 3 with Muller drifting from wide inside, Sanchez has the ability to play inside too which would give Pep the same flexibility in his tactics, also takes a bit more goalscoring pressure off of Aguero. I think the way he's lined up so far this season suggests he would like to play 3 at the back he just doesn't have the defenders he wants (Bonucci, Laporte). I mean it would make sense given he prefers midfielders.

But your whole premise about getting him "because he was available" is a fiction. They were specifically after a striker because Sanchez was unhappy with playing time and demanded to leave.

A year later, Pedro demanded to leave because he got no playing time because of Messi, Suarez, Neymar. Do you see the pattern? As soon as there were 3 guaranteed starters, the back ups got unhappy and forced their way out.

And since then they've spent £60m on two pretty poor backups, Turan and Alcacer, because no one who is really good will come to them (like Gabriel Jesus who rejected them despite Neymar's attempts to bring him to Barcelona) because everyone knows they'll never play.

3 at the back certainly is the future, but he's not going to play 3 at the back with Sané, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, KDB and Sanchez in one team is he?

It makes no sense to spend £130m in 12months on the best attacking prodigies in the world and then never see them reach their potential because they never play because you've spent another, £50m on Sanchez. The whole point supposed to be buying them early before they cost insane amounts of money, not buy them, bench them sell them for a massive loss.

Not to mention the money needs to go towards fullbacks and a centre-back.

But your whole premise about getting him "because he was available" is a fiction. They were specifically after a striker because Sanchez was unhappy with playing time and demanded to leave.

A year later, Pedro demanded to leave because he got no playing time because of Messi, Suarez, Neymar. Do you see the pattern? As soon as there were 3 guaranteed starters, the back ups got unhappy and forced their way out.

And since then they've spent £60m on two pretty poor backups, Turan and Alcacer, because no one who is really good will come to them (like Gabriel Jesus who rejected them despite Neymar's attempts to bring him to Barcelona) because everyone knows they'll never play.

3 at the back certainly is the future, but he's not going to play 3 at the back with Sané, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero, KDB and Sanchez in one team is he?

It makes no sense to spend £130m in 12months on the best attacking prodigies in the world and then never see them reach their potential because they never play because you've spent another, £50m on Sanchez. The whole point supposed to be buying them early before they cost insane amounts of money, not buy them, bench them sell them for a massive loss.

Not to mention the money needs to go towards fullbacks and a centre-back.

Depends on how you view the players that play wide in the 4 man midfield (3-4-3), take Chelsea who play Alonso, Hazard, Moses, Willian, that's an attacking full back and 3 wingers.

With the players mentioned, the lineup below wouldn't be totally out of the ordinary

---------------------Aguero
--------Sanchez--------------De Bruyne
Sane----------------------------------------Sterling
--------Fernandinho-----New Midfielder
------------------3 at the back
--------------------Bravo

Granted you would maybe play a more defensive player ahead of Sane and Sterling in tough games as you can revert to 4atb when defending but more often than not the 2 defensive midfielder and 3 defenders should be good enough to hand 75-85% of the games. G.Jesus, Sane and Sterling are all 22 years old and younger and would all get enough game time in a 3 at the back system, add to that injuries and suspensions will play their part, like we've seen with Aguero.

Not too different from Chelsea recently:
---------------------Costa
--------Hazard---------------Willian
Alonso----------------------------------------Moses
------------Fabregas-----Kante
--------Cahil--------Luiz--------Azpilacueta
-------------------Courtois

For me it's a no brainer getting Sanchez and I don't think it would affect the development of our younger players.

I suppose the crux of the matter is wheteher Sanchez and Aguero could work together. It may or may not come as a suprise that Kelechi's assist rate per game is far better than that of Sanchez. I'm not for one minute dismissing the quality of Sanchez, he's an absolute quality player, but I think there has to be a certain understanding of the role we would expect him to employ.

Back up for Aguero? Playmaker alongside Aguero? Playmaker or deeper striker alongside Kelechi? I think it may be a bit too simplistic to believe that simply because he's a very good intellugent player, he's bound to fit like a glove into our current squad, therefore we should buy him at any available opportunity. Personally I think he's a bit too similar to Aguero, and I would see any such partnership quite different to that of the Messi, Suarez, Neymar situation. For me, those players work well together 'because' they are not similar players.

Aguero, Iheanacho, Sané, Sterling, G. Jesus and Sanchez is too many players IMO even if we bin Navas and Nolito, and Marlos Moreno, and Patrick Roberts and Enes Unal, and Zinchenko. Not to mention future opportunities for Brahim, Sancho etc. etc.

At the moment we only have 1 nailed on starter, Aguero, which gives us quite a lot of flexibility as to the other 2 or 3 in the forward line. If Sanchez arrived we would have 2 guaranteed starters and that would mean 4 players scrapping for one other spot.

I think we'd end up losing one of the world class prospects for a 28 year old, and while it might get us a boost in the short term, might give us our very own Chelsea-Kevin De Bruyne moments later on.

If you think back to Pep's Barcelona he had 4 players for the front 3 and all were very good.

If you think back to Bayern he had more, but mainly because Ribery and Robben were always injured, and thats how he kept 6 players happy.

If we got Sanchez, someone out of Sané (£47m), Sterling (£49m) and Gabriel Jesus (£27m) would eventually become unhappy and probably leave, which would be a shame given the time and investment we'll have made in them, and the fact they're all 6-8 years younger than Sanchez.

I wouldn't object to getting him here obviously, he's a phenomenal player, but I think it would have drawbacks, the squad wouldn't be balanced.

we already have unbalance team.
other than Aguero, which player scores regularly for this team?
no one.

i will consider them regular goal scorer if they can scores 20 goals per season, consistently.
in between 2 title winning seasons,
we once have Aguero, Tevez, Balotelli, Dzeko, Negredo and Yaya,
which scores more than 15 goals per season.
but for the last 2 seasons, only Aguero left in that list.
(KDB with 16 goals, but he's more effective as goal provider)
we desperately need another top goal scorer.

Gabriel, Nacho and Sane, they are prospect players,
rather than proven goal scorer in top league.
there are an extra cup competition in this league.
Pep can always play them all and rotate the squad to stay fresh.
ship out yaya, nasri, hart, mangala, zuculini, navas, bony, clichy, zaba, sagna, etc
buy Sanchez, back up GK, young DM, senior CB and both fullbacks.

-------------------------- Sanchez/Gabriel ------- Aguero/Nacho

--------------- Sane/Nolito ------------- KDB/Silva --------- Sterling/Roberts

--------------------------------------- Dinho/young DM

--------------------- (usual back 4 with inverted fullback,
wide position already covered with 2 strikers and wingers,
no need to storm up front frequently)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.