Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
A poor game from Sanchez, and a poor tournament from him. Some will say, and have said, he's a great player with great years to come, I think you can see that he doesn't have the pace to beat players any more, and you can't disregard that. Following from that he'll lose the ability to create an extra bit of space in the box, and get his shots away before shooting. You'll see him become a midfield playing long balls like Rooney, and many other great forward players, but I don't think we want him to do that. Most will disagree but that's my opinion.

I hope we get the defensive players we need, and if we can find a forward then make it one for the future. No sense in replacing Aguero with Sanchez. We don't need to do this. Hope we think again
Sorry, but how many goals did Sanchez score last season for the 5th placed team in the hardest league in the world? Refresh my memory for me...

The last I saw, Sanchez was a wide player who comes inside. So seeing as he & Aguero play in different positions, why would Sanchez he replace him?

A poor game from Sanchez, and a poor tournament from him. Some will say, and have said, he's a great player with great years to come, I think you can see that he doesn't have the pace to beat players any more, and you can't disregard that. Following from that he'll lose the ability to create an extra bit of space in the box, and get his shots away before shooting. You'll see him become a midfield playing long balls like Rooney, and many other great forward players, but I don't think we want him to do that. Most will disagree but that's my opinion.

I hope we get the defensive players we need, and if we can find a forward then make it one for the future. No sense in replacing Aguero with Sanchez. We don't need to do this. Hope we think again

I actually thought he had a good tournament from a supportive role. His job was to link the midfield to their striker, who was horrible all tournament, and he provided some very good service that Chile dropped the ball on converting. Many of the passes he played if Aguero, Jesus, or Mane had been on the receiving end of they certainly would have been goals.

Side note, glad to see another midwestern Blue on here.
There's literally dozens of us :).

Fwiw I think we need to set a deadline of early August at the latest so that we can go all out for dembele. If we let this drag out until the end of the transfer window then we deseve to miss out. Obviously I'm of the belief that we get this finished before August but we'll see.

There's literally dozens of us :).

Fwiw I think we need to set a deadline of early August at the latest so that we can go all out for dembele. If we let this drag out until the end of the transfer window then we deseve to miss out. Obviously I'm of the belief that we get this finished before August but we'll see.

I keep hoping that one of the U.S. Tours will lead City to Chicago instead of only the East and West coast.

I keep hoping that one of the U.S. Tours will lead City to Chicago instead of only the East and West coast.
Nashville vs Spurs! Two hour drive for me. Can't wait!

Again to keep this on topic, I think Sanchez was a bit underwhelming in the cup but he's been ran down and I'm not that worried about it. If we miss out on Sanchez and Ousmane then I'd worry. I trust Txiki all the way though. We've been planning for this since the takeover... and like @blueinsa said you don't turn down Pep...unless you're a douchebag like Laporte

Random question, I noticed on Germany's bench today they had Sane listed as a sub but his name was "greyed" out and earlier this week he was in California in LA on holiday. Any idea why Germany would do this?
IIRC he was named in the original squad but then allowed to leave to have a nose op.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.