Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regardless of what happens, Arsenal fans are getting more and more desperate to find excuses for Sanchez not to sign for City.

Try and not laugh as you read this......

https://shewore.com/2017/07/02/bacary-sagna-warning-for-alexis-sanchez/
Failing to mention that Arsenal are in the Europa League this season, and the Prem title is beginning to turn into a distant memory for Arsenal fans.
But I'm sure Sanchez isn't going to win trophies or compete at the highest level, it's just about the money!

Nashville vs Spurs! Two hour drive for me. Can't wait!

Again to keep this on topic, I think Sanchez was a bit underwhelming in the cup but he's been ran down and I'm not that worried about it. If we miss out on Sanchez and Ousmane then I'd worry. I trust Txiki all the way though. We've been planning for this since the takeover... and like @blueinsa said you don't turn down Pep...unless you're a douchebag like Laporte
I'm not sure you all understand how things are in Pais Vasco. As a Spaniard, I can tell you that they are fiercely loyal to their "country" and their families. They refuse to let us use the San Mames at the next euros, and have refused in the past during the olympics as well. Athletic doesn't even field players without Basque heritage and Aymeric has been there since he was boy. I'm sure he wanted to move and even told people he was moving last year, but the backlash from his friends and family was certainly brutal. I have a friend from Bilbao who wanted to attend university in Madrid and was basically threatened to be kicked out of his house and disowned if he left Pais Vasco so I wouldn't call him a douchebag, that place is a beautiful as it's people are crazy. Everyone wants to play for Pep, sometimes things just happen that prevent moves from coming to fruition.

Two things:

1) That's a big "IF"
2) You assume that even if your "IF" happens, we get a transfer ban ("bolloxed"). I imagine that would immediately be appealed, especially considering the governing body of football had previously OK'd it.
3) Arsenal don't get to demand he goes somewhere else for free. The key is in the "free" part.
4) If Arsenal demand £x15, then they simply price the player out of a move and have an unhappy superstar on their hands. He is already not happy at his treatment under Wenger, and the lack of effort he feels some of the team put into some games, so that doesn't strike me as a prudent decision...but this is football, and Arsenal, and who knows?!

I understand the big 'IF,' but the truth is I feel the authorities are gonna take this opportunity to make their point.
With regards the 'free' you are correct, he will be able to go where he likes. BUT suppose we do get the two window ban (I suspect it will begin in Jan) then we would NOT be able to register any players, during this period, free or not!

I understand the big 'IF,' but the truth is I feel the authorities are gonna take this opportunity to make their point.
With regards the 'free' you are correct, he will be able to go where he likes. BUT suppose we do get the two window ban (I suspect it will begin in Jan) then we would NOT be able to register any players, during this period, free or not!
Can't see us getting any ban, even if CAS agrees with Velez. City got deal approved by FIFA, so if anything FIFA will simply have to clarify their rules, and City may have to give up the rights to the player or pay for him.

City would surely win any appeal, should they be dinged with a ban for this.

Guess we will both find out, even if we both agree that there are many, many people wishing to harm City in any way possible.

I reckon the ban which I dont expect, but it wouldnt make any difference to Sanchez ban or no ban. If we do't get him now, I think we will go for somebody else like Dembele, we wont go into the season with only 4 forwards. So next summer I'm not sure we would still want Sanchez, even on a free. Think it could be now or never for him.

Failing to mention that Arsenal are in the Europa League this season, and the Prem title is beginning to turn into a distant memory for Arsenal fans.
But I'm sure Sanchez isn't going to win trophies or compete at the highest level, it's just about the money!
Despite them supposedly offering him 300k a week which I assume we will not offer him?

So , Sagna could have won - had he stayed at arsenal - the two fa cups that Sanchez won in his three years at the club!
He seems to miss the point that two fa cups in three years may be the very reason that he wants to leave and go to a club more likely to challenge for major honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.