Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
In response to whether Sanchez is part of the "priority signings" City are confident of completing

Can't see us getting any ban, even if CAS agrees with Velez. City got deal approved by FIFA, so if anything FIFA will simply have to clarify their rules, and City may have to give up the rights to the player or pay for him.

City would surely win any appeal, should they be dinged with a ban for this.

Guess we will both find out, even if we both agree that there are many, many people wishing to harm City in any way possible.

This is the final authority I think, so it's likely no appeal rights will exist, and the action is against both Fifa AND City, so I would imagine we can punished in the same way they can.

I honestly can't quite get my head around the case. Either the rules say players aged 16 can move between non-European and European clubs or they don't. I can't imagine Sarsfeld would waste their time and money bringing the case if the rules don't allow for it, but equally City don't seem particularly fazed.

This is the final authority I think, so it's likely no appeal rights will exist, and the action is against both Fifa AND City, so I would imagine we can punished in the same way they can.

I honestly can't quite get my head around the case. Either the rules say players aged 16 can move between non-European and European clubs or they don't. I can't imagine Sarsfeld would waste their time and money bringing the case if the rules don't allow for it, but equally City don't seem particularly fazed.
Can CAS hand out punishments ? I thought it was an arbitration thing, that made a judgement that the disagreeing parties adere to. By my thinking it would need to be Fifa that, if found against firstly have to deal with any compensation and any punishment for us would need to be given by Fifa.
CAS could quite easilly say Fifa was wrong and should chqnge its interpretation of rules, compensate Velez, but take no action against us as we sought their advice.

Back to the subject of this thread, I can't help feeling that Sanchez might be too strong a personality for our squad. He wants the ball all the time and might upset the status quo.

Back to the subject of this thread, I can't help feeling that Sanchez might be too strong a personality for our squad. He wants the ball all the time and might upset the status quo.
I think Pep is desperate for players who want the ball all the time.

Why would Guardiola want him if he thought he was too strong a personality? He's coached him before, he knows him well.

Plus, given the status quo isn't good enough, shaking it up would be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.