Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has got the farce of Isco all over it.

What will be will be.

F***ed if I'm going to beat myself up about getting Sanchez or not.

If it happens it happens. If it doesn't so be it.
There's been plenty of farces over the years mate, When I think if the teams we could of had it's mind boggling.

Can CAS hand out punishments ? I thought it was an arbitration thing, that made a judgement that the disagreeing parties adere to. By my thinking it would need to be Fifa that, if found against firstly have to deal with any compensation and any punishment for us would need to be given by Fifa.
CAS could quite easilly say Fifa was wrong and should chqnge its interpretation of rules, compensate Velez, but take no action against us as we sought their advice.

I've no idea to be honest!

If Sanchez wants to come to City and isn't allowed by Arsenal then it's the latter who will suffer the most, £50M down the pan will hurt them; still hope we get him though

If Sanchez doesn't come then Arsenal will lose him in a years time on a free and we'll probably sign someone else. So I can live with it either way. I want him, but there's other signings that would be more detrimental to us to miss out on.

Honestly can't imagine anyone, especially when they run a business, being so bitter that they won't accept a £50mil bid for one of their players that they WILL lose on a free next year.
Madness!

If it means we sign Mbappe instead, I cannot say I would shed too many tears if we do miss out on Sanchez. But after the capture of B Silva, I am already more than satisfied with our attacking options.

This needs to be resolved within the next week or so one way or another. It benefits neither club having it drag on all summer. Sanchez needs to come out with a statement categorically stating he's either staying or he wants to leave and come to us. If it's the later it's then for us to go to Arsenal with a bid and a deadline, either accept it before the deadline or say no, force him to stay and lose him on a free next season.

If Sanchez doesn't come this summer we then have to decide whether to stick with what we've got, keep Kelechi and go with Aguero,Jesus,Kelechi, Sane,Sterling and possibly Roberts as our attack which last season wasn't enough and was very wasted. However, with Jesus here all season, Bernardo in the middle, helping to create even more and new fullbacks that suit the system maybe that'll be enough and we can wait for Sanchez to come on a free in 2018, or do we look elsewhere at the likes of Dembele which will probably mean no space for Sanchez in 2018.

One way or another it needs resolving soon, ideally before pre-season but that's probably pushing it now.

If i was Wenger and had the approval to keep Sanchez and let his contract run down and lose him on a free next year if need be, i'd be stringing us along all summer as much as possible, might not be great for their fans but it could derail our preparations if we're led to believe we can get him and wait it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.