Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal have supposedly told him that they won't sell him, so I guess it depends whether he is able or willing to force the move. This one was always going to drag on all summer.
It's difficult to say if this is a deliberate leak of Arsenal's stance to appease the fans. I agree it will drag on all summer.

Was always going to be this way entirely so Arsenal can absolve themselves and make Sanchez into the villain for it all. He'll have to force his way and, honestly, I don't see any other way around it.

Sanchez isn't going to sit on his hands for another year, in a club he clearly isn't committed to, only to get a less lucrative contract with the club of his choice in 2018. Throw in Alexis' ambition and suddenly a Europa League club who aren't going to be realistically challenging for the PL isn't going to cut it anymore.

Then, on Arsenal's end, keeping a ticking time bomb like Sanchez for a year and pissing £50m up the wall is unthinkable. Wenger would do it, I'm sure. Kroenke? Not a chance. And Gazidis is too much of a pussy to go against the owner/board who are the real power behind the business.

Short of a surprise extension, Sanchez walks this year and it's all a matter of seeing it out patiently.

If Arsenal had told Sanchez they weren't gonna sell. The likes of Cross & Ornstein would be queuing up to write long editorials about it.

It's a funny one this. Even though the club seem to have made this a priority, he's the one that we need the least when compared to the fullbacks etc. He already knows the premier league and he wouldn't be ready to start pre season til later on anyway. We can afford for this to drag on. Jesus is essentially a new signing and even though Bernardo doesn't play Sanchez's position, he adds more flexibility that frees up our other attack minded players if needed.

Sanchez is a great player and my gut says this will still happen. It wouldnt massively hurt us if it didn't though. When push comes to shove, i just don't believe Arsenal would be willing to lose £50m on him though. That money is the difference between them replacing him with a 50m player and a 100m player. I'm glad they already spent a huge chunk on Lacazette as I don't think he's the man to take them to the next level at all. Arsenal will surely take the money but they'll also surely leave it until the last minute. There's no incentive for them to make it easy for us by getting it done early.

Most player contracts now include a clause that they will not be released for less than their "true transfer value".

Seems Arsenal are positioning themselves for a higher fee 50 -70m and will no doubt over the coming weeks not only vilify the player but our club. Sanchexz as already stated will have to be seen as the villain in all this. Expect numerous twists and turns seems like we have the making of another Tevez, Lescott, Ronaldhino or Kaka thread not sure what the outcome will be but it will be fun on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.