Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus was injured. And when he did play City were outstanding. Navas and Nolito did not play in forward positions. Their departure does not really affect us.

If Guardiola feels short on cover then keep Roberts and Kelechi. They are more than adequate.

If we buy sanchez it will be at the expense of Aguero. That's why I am not keen. sanchez is not quick enough to play wide as we saw for Chile at the Confederation Cup.
Adequate for what exactly? Kelechi played for about 2 minutes last season because Pep didn't feel he was adequate!

We are trimming the squad but instead of paying donkeys like Nolito and Navas and then shitting the bed when Aguero/Jesus get injured we will instead have quality to come in to the first team.

I shake my head at some of our fans sometimes.

Adequate for what exactly? Kelechi played for about 2 minutes last season because Pep didn't feel he was adequate!

We are trimming the squad but instead of paying donkeys like Nolito and Navas and then shitting the bed when Aguero/Jesus get injured we will instead have quality to come in to the first team.

I shake my head at some of our fans sometimes.
It's Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, Sane and players as cover.

Yes I know that. But no one has 3 centre forwards and that is what Aguero, Sanchez and Jesus are.

1st time we won the premier league we had Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko. 2nd time we won it we had Negredo, Aguero, Dzeko, and Jovetic. Since we went to 2 strikers and a young kid we have got no where near winning the league.

Well he played centre-forward for Arsenal for much of last season

He played Striker for Arsenal in 25 games, he was on the wing for 26.

The difference, of course, as everyone knows, is that Wenger played him there because his other options for striker were Welbeck or Giroud. Not Sergio Aguero, not Gabriel Jesus.

If Wenger had Sergio Aguero then Sanchez wouldn't have played more than half a dozen games up front.

Yes I know that. But no one has 3 centre forwards and that is what Aguero, Sanchez and Jesus are.

Incorrect. Also when Jesus came back he was wide with Aguero being central. We won the league with Tevez, Balotelli, Aguero and Dzeko. The most central of strikers known to man.

It's Sterling, Aguero, Jesus, Sane and players as cover.
And that's exactly what we had last season....

I'd be more than happy for Sterling to play an impact role next season until his decision making and finishing has improved.

We are reducing the number of bodies and replacing quantity with quality.

NAVAS PLAYED IN 36 GAMES LAST SEASON.

NOLITO PLAYED IN 30 GAMES LAST SEASON.

NACHO PLAYED IN 29 GAMES LAST SEASON.

And you really think if we sell the 3 of them and replace them with one man all of the sudden Aguero and Jesus will dissapear in to thin air? They will all play a lot of games, will will score a lot more goals, we will win something this season. Is that a bad thing?

1st time we won the premier league we had Tevez, Aguero, Balotelli and Dzeko. 2nd time we won it we had Negredo, Aguero, Dzeko, and Jovetic. Since we went to 2 strikers and a young kid we have got no where near winning the league.
I know. I'm happy with 4 out and out forwards. We started last season without Jesus and no one was screaming then.

We only play one central striker now. In the past we had two up front. We have players like Silva and De Bruyne who could also support the central striker so there's no way we're sort on numbers

The bid for Sanchez is not based around lack of cover or centre forward options, it's because of who Sanchez is and what he's done. His force of personality and capacity to win games etc. My objection is because I don't see him continuing at this level. He's already changing his game.

This thread warming up nicely and I have no doubt virtual fisticuffs will be being used by the time the transfer window closes. Keep it up lads a joy to behold :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.