Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think we need to tie this up ASAP especially now Conte & Chelsea are like bears with sore heads after losing Lukaku!
Do you really think Chelsea would see Sanchez as an alternative to Lukaku for replacing Costa (assuming that Lukaku is going to the Rags)? Completely different player IMO. I would be worried if Chelsea would loose Hazard. They need a big strong centreforward not Sanchez.

As a 'deluded' Arsenal fan,I recognise we may lose Sanchez however I can not believe he would be sold to City. After the Van Persie to Man Utd debacle, the idea we would repeat the same mistake beggars belief. If it was down to me, I'd force him to play out his final year knowing that he may not be as attractive this time next year and if we are successful he might feel inclined to stay anyway. But a move to a PL rival, no way...that would really piss us Gooners off.
no way are you keeping him. just be real. Wenger will take the money like he always does. I remember he said the same thing exact about Nasri. just accept it mate £50m is good for a player with a year left. be happy.

Do you really think Chelsea would see Sanchez as an alternative to Lukaku for replacing Costa (assuming that Lukaku is going to the Rags)? Completely different player IMO. I would be worried if Chelsea would loose Hazard. They need a big strong centreforward not Sanchez.
When you are angry common sense disappears!

This age argument is really doing my head in. There seems to be a common view on bluemoon that once a player turns 30 it's curtains, they lose all pace, fitness and ability. I'm pretty sure the Bayern team that won the treble played two wingers, Robben and Ribery, who were both older than 30 and I've just seen a well over 30 Ronaldo single handedly win the champions league. Sanchez is far from finished and as with all top players can when they lose that extra yard of pace they make up for it with intelligence and experience. People seem to be underestimating the benefits of signing order players that have experience, we have plenty of young, raw talent in our forward line.
I even remember people on here writing off David when Pep came in due to him being old and past his best, and look how that turned out.

I totally agree with your point but Ronaldo didn't "single handedly" win the champions league for them. A little more respect for the other elite level players they have in the squad which makes Ronaldo's job of scoring easier.

Bony!

Hed still be a good player at 30, no doubt. But would a 30 year old Sanchez get into this city team, Im not sure. If he was 30 now I doubt youd be going for him.

Even if not, he should still have a decent sell-on value. It wouldn't mean a £50m loss on transfer fees.

Does he score enough goals though? i think Chelsea will get Lukaku. it would be funny if Lukaku went to Chelsea and Utd were left with egg on their face.

Any misfortune of the rags in general, and Mourinho in particular, would be funny. In this case it would be offset by the fact that Chelsea are a bigger threat to us.

Just a thought for you City fans. Do you rate Sanchez better than Aguero? Would you be happy to see the former come to you whilst losing the latter? Would you do a swap with Arsenal Aguero fir Sanchez. Is the general positivity in this thread about Sanchez coming suggest you now see Aguero as a spent force? In age terms, they are only a few months apart.

No.

Where did the £50m figure come from anyway? Is that the lowest amount Arsenal would accept without making him stay. So we are think at £40m they would take the hit and keep him 12 months. I don't. So where's the £50m from other than rumour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.