Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
That sounds fine now, but do you think the rumours are going to stop as soon as the season starts? For maybe a couple of months and then it will be extremely unsettling. There'll be non-stop speculation, questions about his commitment. It could be a massive distraction in a season where Arsenal must get their top 4 place back. Ifyou don't return to top 4 next season, I think you could rapidly fade away. Manager will be gone and all your special players: sanchez, Giroud, Cazorla and Ozil

He ll probably have his best season for us knowing hes leaving on a free. I get the feeling thats what he really wants.

Valid point. So for City, it's pay now or get him for nothing in one year.

It is up to Arsenal to decide if they want to gamble.

In a year's time, without a fee to pay, it wont just be city after him. If he pockets the 50m himself and 200k a week, thats over 400k a week in wages, so I can see why hed want to run his contract down.

In a year's time, without a fee to pay, it wont just be city after him. If he pockets the 50m himself and 200k a week, thats over 400k a week in wages, so I can see why hed want to run his contract down.
He surely will not pocket 50 million in sign-on fee in a years time. In fact why do you think he will pocket more in sign on fee next year compared to this summer? I don't see there is any difference money-wise for Sanchez staying. The main difference is he will not play Champions League if he stays ...

Pockets the 50m himself? Why would that happen?

Pockets the 50m himself? Why would that happen?

because there will be a clamour for his signature,so he will go to the highest bidder, with the way prices are, 50m and 200k a week for Sanchez is still cheap. He obviously has a very bright agent who knows exactly how much hes worth. It makes no sense for him to move anywhere now, I think he ll stay at Arsenal this season, because he doesnt want to go anywhere and miss out on 200k a week for the next 4 years.

From an Arsenal point of view, this is the best outcome.
He'll be nearing 30 and losing the extra yard of pace that he relies on, in that time maybe a Mahrez or Lemar can step up and be ready to replace him, no one can replace him this summer.
Looks like there is an air of resignation in your posts.
If he chooses City over the Arse he does so because he sees a far better chance of significant trophies over the period of his next contract.
He will no doubt be branded as a money grabbing twunt, which is harsh as we no longer need to pay huge wages to attract the players like Alexis. They want to come as they see a club on the up and on the verge of something very special.

He surely will not pocket 50 million in sign-on fee in a years time. In fact why do you think he will pocket more in sign on fee next year compared to this summer? I don't see there is any difference money-wise for Sanchez staying. The main difference is he will not play Champions League if he stays ...

This summer you have to pay Arsenal 50m, next summer youll pay it to him.

Sanchez is world class. Iheanacho is a top prospect but we need the very best now. with a buy back clause we can buy Sanchez for now and go get Iheanacho if he comes good later on. no problem IMO.

selling Iheanacho is not good for manchester city and the youth academy it sends out the wrong signal to young players they need the dream and parents need to be sold on there kids coming to manchester city. yes i know its sometimes not just about turning players out for the first team squad and we have the best setup in england at youth level to your sons got the best chances at being a pro footballer if they come to manchester city they will get the best chance and training

yes a very good fee and i hope city have a buy back clause but this lad done very well in the short space of time at manchester city and scored goals so there is nothing else other than game time in the team he needed. and this is going to look daft if sanchez signs for anything over £50million and does not hit it off or gets a long term injury yes Iheanacho could also have the same deal at leicester city it could go both ways but l never like us sell our best youth players

A huge part of Sanchez's game is his drive. He's always asking more of his team mates. He demands the ball, and demands his team mates give their best.

But the clock is now running down on his Arsenal career. The relationship has changed forever. How can he demand more for the Arsenal when his commitment has gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.