Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's hard for the 'old' guard to accept what City have become. It's the same in the media. Look at them today fawning over United for playing "a blinder" in paying 100 million pounds for a player who's true value is half that even in this summer's crazy market, just like they did last summer.

Then you've got the shit cockney press gang in absolute denial about Sanchez. Trying to turn him into a money grabber. It's hilarious.

TBH, I think United/Arsenal will be outside the top 4 again next season. Just as they deserve. They're time is over.

Football goes through cycles. Arsenal are genuine old guard. I'm slowly but surely reading Gary James' book and it seems like back in the 1930's City and Arsenal were vying to be England's best team, with City possibly the biggest team around and The Rags pretty much nowhere until we let them rent Maine Road. How old does the guard have to be?

City really do have a history of cocking things up. Gary's book is full of examples from before my time but one thing that has always stuck in my mind from my days supporting City is my belief in the late 70's that we were in a position to form a big three with The Rags and the Scousers until Swales and Big Mal royally fucked that up.

Our new owner is still presiding over underachievement but, overall, this does seem like a new beast and the next few weeks will hopefully be part of a growing testament to that: it's about time the real old guard cemented its place.

Arsenal have missed the boat. The board had to get rid of Wenger and move on and only that move at the end of the season would have seen them with a sniff of a chance of convincing Sanchez to stay but even then i think our work had been done and the player had made his mind up.

Its not about money, its about winning things.

He doesnt see Arsenal as a club able to help him achieve that aim, simple.
I completely disagree arsenal squad is piss poor compared to the other teams in the title race if Wenger leaves they are mid table. Wenger is holding that the together.

About right. I amazed the number of people who still think City are some small parochial club incapable of attracting/signing the best.

It's ingrained in their psyche Billy, same as the dippers with Sterling. They wheeled out McAteer, Aldridge, Thompson, Barnes, Mickey Quinn on permanent media rotation for about 3 months with that one, each reinforcing the other's notions of their great history and City's nouveau riche excesses until it all became accepted fact. The media encourages it all for obvious clickbait reasons and the public broadly accepts what it is told. We didn't exist before 2008

I completely disagree arsenal squad is piss poor compared to the other teams in the title race if Wenger leaves they are mid table. Wenger is holding that the together.

At what point do you put Wenger and that piss poor squad together and maybe say its his fault?

He needed to go but hey, not one fuck could i give and long live their demise.

If we walk away with B.Silva and Sanchez for the price of Lukaku that would be something.

I alluded to it before but others are reeling in our wake right now when it comes to transfer business.

We are picking up our targets with no pressure whatsoever whilst the rest are fighting over players who are not in the same bracket and having to spend ridiculous sums just to do so.

Its akin to buying a Rolex for £10,000 yet your mate claims his Timex is better because he convinced the salesmen to accept his offer of £11,000 lol.

I alluded to it before but others are reeling in our wake right now when it comes to transfer business.

We are picking up our targets with no pressure whatsoever whilst the rest are fighting over players who are not in the same bracket and having to spend ridiculous sums just to do so.

Its akin to buying a Rolex for £10,000 yet your mate claims his Timex is better because he convinced the salesmen to accept his offer of £11,000 lol.

Let's hope so, and that we actually get the signings we're after.

Would be nice to make a real 'fuck off rags/media/cockneys' signing though. I guess if we get Sanchez that would be close to it. From an image and perception of our club perspective though i'd love us to make a signing the media couldnt ignore or play down. Neymar or Bale, that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.