Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's bollocks. The transfer fee isn't the issue for Bayern, Sanchez' wage demands are because they far exceed Bayern's structure. If they give Sanchez the wages he is looking for, then their whole squad will demand a pay rise.

Yep. I'll go along with that.

Arsenal mania is getting good again. They seem to be under the illusion that signing Lacazette, (who looks more than decent but not world class, and seems to be a good signing for them, especially as a Europa league side) immediately makes them genuine challengers for the title next season. Their team is miles away from that, there's a handful of potential title winning players in their squad at best. They'd need another 5/6/7 top class players to be at that standard. Cech is ageing badly at Arsenal but can still do a more than adequate job in net, Koscielny is capable and Bellerin is very good from the defence. Then they've got Sanchez (for now) Ozil on his day but his day doesn't come around anywhere near often enough and he's next to useless when it isn't his day and finally, potentially Lacazette but he's obviously untested. Aside from those players and a few capable squad players, particularly their homegrown quota the rest of their squad is mediocre and nowhere near the standard of Chelsea the current champions. Their midfield in particular is dire.

Even if they keep Sanchez the absolute best they can hope for is 4th imo and i don't see how they'll get it. Chelsea will remain a force, Spurs don't look like losing anybody key to them other than Walker who wasn't even getting in their side at the end of the season so i expect them to solidify and challenge again, United under Bourinho, will improve their efficiency and us after a season under Pep should be able to iron out any problems and with the players we have already brought in and the ones we look like signing we'll be expected to put in a strong challenge. Liverpool with the added champs league football and the rather small squad they have will probably drop but United will take their place not Arsenal, i don't see anything other than those 4 teams in a fight for the top 4 places with Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton in a clearly defined tier below those 4 fighting for Europa league and the chance to pounce if for whatever reason one of the other 4 have a disaster.

Also, their new found assumption that the very second Sanchez turns 30 he'll turn to absolute shite is great to read too. I guarantee Sanchez would have a more productive year with us when he's 30 than he will next season at Arsenal if he's made to stay.The guy will lose some of his explosiveness as he creeps into his 30's but probably not until he's reach 32/33 and even then genuine world class players like him adapt. Look at Tevez when he went to Juve, it was claimed he'd lost his edge because of his age and was brilliant for them.

Arsenal mania is getting good again. They seem to be under the illusion that signing Lacazette, (who looks more than decent but not world class, and seems to be a good signing for them, especially as a Europa league side) immediately makes them genuine challengers for the title next season. Their team is miles away from that, there's a handful of potential title winning players in their squad at best. They'd need another 5/6/7 top class players to be at that standard. Cech is ageing badly at Arsenal but can still do a more than adequate job in net, Koscielny is capable and Bellerin is very good from the defence. Then they've got Sanchez (for now) Ozil on his day but his day doesn't come around anywhere near often enough and he's next to useless when it isn't his day and finally, potentially Lacazette but he's obviously untested. Aside from those players and a few capable squad players, particularly their homegrown quota the rest of their squad is mediocre and nowhere near the standard of Chelsea the current champions. Their midfield in particular is dire.

Even if they keep Sanchez the absolute best they can hope for is 4th imo and i don't see how they'll get it. Chelsea will remain a force, Spurs don't look like losing anybody key to them other than Walker who wasn't even getting in their side at the end of the season so i expect them to solidify and challenge again, United under Bourinho, will improve their efficiency and us after a season under Pep should be able to iron out any problems and with the players we have already brought in and the ones we look like signing we'll be expected to put in a strong challenge. Liverpool with the added champs league football and the rather small squad they have will probably drop but United will take their place not Arsenal, i don't see anything other than those 4 teams in a fight for the top 4 places with Liverpool, Arsenal and Everton in a clearly defined tier below those 4 fighting for Europa league and the chance to pounce if for whatever reason one of the other 4 have a disaster.

Also, their new found assumption that the very second Sanchez turns 30 he'll turn to absolute shite is great to read too. I guarantee Sanchez would have a more productive year with us when he's 30 than he will next season at Arsenal if he's made to stay.The guy will lose some of his explosiveness as he creeps into his 30's but probably not until he's reach 32/33 and even then genuine world class players like him adapt. Look at Tevez when he went to Juve, it was claimed he'd lost his edge because of his age and was brilliant for them.
Tevez never had any pace to lose.

Tevez never had any pace to lose.

Not talking about raw pace. He had the same explosiveness Sanchez has, the same as Aguero has too. None of them are/were particularly quick in a straight 50m sprint but they all had/have that explosiveness that allows them to ease by players at will. It's something that does go from that kind of player as they reach their last years but the point was, Tevez still had enough of that and enough talent to change when he didn't well into his 30's and the Arsenal fans belief that as soon as Sanchez hits 30 he'll be useless is laughable. It's obviously something they've convinced themselves of to mask the pain of losing such a player to us. Be it this year or next, i can't wait for their reaction when he's scoring against them in a blue shirt. I hope they abuse the hell out of him so he celebrates. It would be glorious.

United 4th no chance!

Won't be surprised to see Sanchez signed before a LB or a RB. We just don't have any issues signing anyone up-front

You just posted on the Alves thread, it was done, make your mind up
If Alves comes on Wednesday, Sanchez still might come ahead on Tuesday. I'm not complaining about losing out on Alves, I'm saying we've got a separate fluency when dealing with attackers given how the talks are progressing.

With Sanchez digging his heels in and determined to go, only a fool would hold him to his contract, and lose £50m by having a demotivated player for another year, one who dragged the team to an FA Cup trophy, and the heady heights of 5th whilst others coasted through the season.
£50m is a very good deal for Arsenal, and it would be in their best interest to let Sanchez go, and reinvest the money on someone like Mahrez ( at Wimbledon today, so who knows...)
Sanchez is entering the final few years at his peak, he wants CL football, and to play under a manager who he respects totally, and knows he will be surrounded by a motivated top quality in the squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.