Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread seems to have become a "my dad is bigger than your dad" debate. The Arsenal fans are obviously going to defend their own team but we're becomig9n a bit raggy with the obnoxious "you're our feeder club" type comments. I have no issue with Arsenal at all, in fact, I will remember Wenger for bringing a beautiful style of football into the premier league when it was full of cloggers. Watching Henry, Pires, Vieira etc in their prime was astounding at times. I can completely see what the Arsenal fans are saying about Sanchez not even considering City without Pep here, but that's no reason to get into a debate slagging off sets of fans and so on. Debates are fun, but when it's just obvious trolling on both sides it gets a little tedious. I am much more interested in what the Arsenal fans who watched Sanchez every week think he'll bring to our team if he does actually leave them for us.

I second this, standard of discussion is starting to fall into 'up yours Sanchez' vs. 'shut up Tarquin'.

There's no point criticising Arsenal fans for being arrogant and entitled by being arrogant and entitled ourselves.

Was just thinking that. Then again when the alternative is probably just Groundhog's Day over on the Arsenal forums I can see why they might wanna look over here for something a little different shall we say. ;)
We should probably be grateful for some lessons in the class you cannot buy mate.

This thread seems to have become a "my dad is bigger than your dad" debate. The Arsenal fans are obviously going to defend their own team but we're becomign a bit raggy with the obnoxious "you're our feeder club" type comments. I have no issue with Arsenal at all, in fact, I will remember Wenger for bringing a beautiful style of football into the premier league when it was full of cloggers. Watching Henry, Pires, Vieira etc in their prime was astounding at times. I can completely see what the Arsenal fans are saying about Sanchez not even considering City without Pep here, but that's no reason to get into a debate slagging off sets of fans and so on. Debates are fun, but when it's just obvious trolling on both sides it gets a little tedious. I am much more interested in what the Arsenal fans who watched Sanchez every week think he'll bring to our team if he does actually leave them for us.

You'd be getting a world class player that never stops trying.
Hard to say for sure how he'd feature in your team because for us he had a go at doing everything, because there was no one else to do so. He would drop deep a lot to start attacks, he'd be in the box a lot to finish attacks, and at times he had to carry the threat alone trying to take everyone on.
I don't think that will be the case at City, he ll either thrive at having his work load cut with better team mates, or he ll go off his game at not being involved all the time.
One thing is for sure, if he had the chances you created last season he would have got over 30 goals.

If we land Sanchez - we have to have a thank you MRDT banner in a prominent place for the home game with the Arsenal

I love the use of the word banter now, as if it proves that people aren't getting a little testy in here. it's not "banter", it's wumming. We're supposed to be respectful of other fans here and we ask it in return but this thread doesn't seem to be heading that way :)

I agree, all the warnings from mods about rule infractions lately are clogging the board..

oh hang on.

I have no issue with Arsenal at all, in fact, I will remember Wenger for bringing a beautiful style of football into the premier league when it was full of cloggers. Watching Henry, Pires, Vieira etc in their prime was astounding at time

I'll remember the constant bitching and moaning the "financial doping" remarks & the letters to the FA demanding action to stop anyone else getting into the top 4.

Fact is, Arsenal thought they had their meal ticket and did as much as anyone to keep the status quo that existed pre-2008 and once they realised it was their place we were taking, comlained about it louder than anyone else, placing responsibility for all their failures on us, and not their own board-level incompetence which did nothing but tread water and has lead to a 13 year title drought set to continue for the foreseeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.