Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha this arsenal fan thinks they're gonna sign Mbappe. They never learn, all these exciting rumours are for you to renew your season ticket which you will do and then you end up with redmond.

Didn't say we would sign Mbappe, just saying we would only let Sanchez go in the event we sign a marquee player like him.

We're repeating ourselves now but anyway

1) I don't rate Wenger. Used to. But not getting into that minefield
2) You wont get Mbappe, but I think Mahrez is available if you're willing to pay £40 plus million. I would. Outstanding talent
3) Arsenal hold his contract but I don't think it would be a good idea to hold him to his last 12 months if his heart is not in it - his head is already elsewhere and you must know that.
4) I don't think City fans are as biased as Arsenal fans on this. Sanchez is Arsenal's star. City's forward line is good enough without sanchez, and if we don't get him next season, we'll have £200m next season to buy the best. Providing there is no implosion this coming season, which looks unlikely, City will get stronger and stronger. Arsenal on the other other hand have a team that is coming to the end of the line very rapidly - Cech, mertseacker, Ozil, Cazorla, Sanchez

1) I'm sure Wenger won't lose sleep on failing to get your approbation.
2) Likely not but he'll need a couple of marquee players to counter the downsides of selling Sanchez. I'm not as sold on Mahrez as you but he's a quality player. If we fail to sign a top class replacement, Sanchez stays.
3) He's a professional and contracted to Arsenal. Regardless of what's in his head the interest of the club far outweigh any individual sentiment for Sanchez.
4) Your view on the relative partisanship or otherwise of Arsenal fans compared to City fans kind of disproves the point you're making. Hot air, mate.

Didn't say we would sign Mbappe, just saying we would only let Sanchez go in the event we sign a marquee player like him.

You're in the Europa league and offer nothing to that calibre of player. There's the likes of Us, United, Chelsea, spurs and even Liverpool that are all on the look out for signings and have more to offer than Arsenal and that's just in this league. There's no way you can attract the Mbappe's of the world.

If he leaves on his existing contract he won't get the offered pay rise, so we save paying his higher wages for a year mitigating the effect of selling him now

Thanks I get it. The question is would you be happy if Arsenal paid £42m for a one year loan of Sanchez? That seems quite steep, even in today's market.

You're in the Europa league and offer nothing to that calibre of player. There's the likes of Us, United, Chelsea, spurs and even Liverpool that are all on the look out for signings and have more to offer than Arsenal and that's just in this league. There's no way you can attract the Mbappe's of the world.

Looks like Sanchez is staying then

1) I'm sure Wenger won't lose sleep on failing to get your approbation.
2) Likely not but he'll need a couple of marquee players to counter the downsides of selling Sanchez. I'm not as sold on Mahrez as you but he's a quality player. If we fail to sign a top class replacement, Sanchez stays.
3) He's a professional and contracted to Arsenal. Regardless of what's in his head the interest of the club far outweigh any individual sentiment for Sanchez.
4) Your view on the relative partisanship or otherwise of Arsenal fans compared to City fans kind of disproves the point you're making. Hot air, mate.

If Sanchez was our player and we said you can have him for one season at a cost of 50m plus wages, would you want him. If he is made to see out his contract that is basically what you are expecting your club to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.