Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is you forced Liverpools arm by giving 50m for Sterling. You'd also have to force us and I know he's in the last year of his contract and also 28 years old but it would cost you north of 60m.

I am under no illusion that for City to convince Arsenal to sell then at least £60m will have to be put in the table.

If we do, that is going to be hard for the Arsenal board to turn down considering he wants to leave Arsenal and only has one year left.

The thing is you forced Liverpools arm by giving 50m for Sterling. You'd also have to force us and I know he's in the last year of his contract and also 28 years old but it would cost you north of 60m.

Or, Sanchez buys out contract with 6 months to go, buggers off to NYFC on a 6 month contract and gets "loaned" to MCFC ala Lampard.

Also it depends on what sort of project Wenger is selling him. I'll be the first to admit we need to sign a CM this summer AND Lemar along with what we already have to challenge for the title. Its unlikely we'll do that, but we're changing a hell of a lot on and off the pitch. 6 huge changes so far and we've only just gone on tour.

You have to remember we were only 3 points off you's and 1 point off Liverpool last season. That was our worst season for 20 years. To get 75 points out of a season that bad is mind blowing. If we keep what we have, add the striker we've craved in Lacazette and also a solid left wing back going forward and back in Kolasinac you can't help but think that only adds to the 75 points from last season?

On top of that if we were to sign Lemar you then have the attacking depth to deal with all competitions. We're still a CM short of winning the title but we aren't as far away as people think with the current squad.

You're right, you wasn't far off both us and Liverpool but everybody in the league bar Chelsea and Spurs until they lost at West Ham and gave up was poor. Chelsea, City and United all had new managers and was expected to suffer from transition and all did at various stages, Chelsea just less than everyone else and United considerably more. Arsenal have had the same guy for 20 years, it was there for the taking. With a more settled squad and them more used to the managers style and tactics you can only speculate that all 3 of those teams will substantially improve and that's before player reinforcements.

I know next to nothing on Kolasinac in truth so i won't judge him but you're at least trying to rectify the weakness, lets assume he's solid enough and capable, Bellerin on the opposite side is very good too, Koscielny i think is vastly overrated but he's comfortably good enough but alongside him? All of your options seem quite weak, Mertesacker will have his uses in certain games against certain opposition but his pace and tank like turning circle leaves him very vulnerable against tricky strikers, Gabriel and Mustafi aren't up to scratch by a long shot. Holding can seemingly do a job but as a backup not as a starting centre back. So there's definite need for a couple of signings in defence. Midfield is your biggest problem though imo. I don't see a single player good enough to be a starter for a title winning side.

You could argue that if he truly wanted the champions league he would've moved to Bayern and happily been there for 200k a week, I think that's a huge factor in this. No doubts City are going to be strong next year but I can't see you winning the champions league.

I'm not disputing Bayern are comfortably ahead of us at the minute but they're in the process of going through a bit of a transition, a lot of their reliable old guard are moving on and their replacements aren't doing it just yet, they probably will in time but they're not currently as strong as they have been recently i'm not sure they're a team ready to win the CL in the next few seasons. I'm not saying we are, but it's clear to see we've got some phenomenal talents and are only heading in a positive direction. We were naively knocked out in the quarters last season on away goals by a Monaco side who every top club in Europe is eyeing up their players this summer and the summer before we narrowly lost out to eventually winners Real Madrid, via a deflected own goal so whilst i acknowledge there's a gap, we're not a million miles away as fans of rivals teams would suggest.

The biggest thing though and something i think your fans are underestimating is the Pep factor, Players want to play under Pep, particularly attacking players and more so players that have done before.

That's obvious, we won't win the champions league for a long time. But neither will you guys while Bayern, Madrid, Barca and Juve are so dominant. They're a cut above absolutely everyone.

I think when Gabriel Jesus really comes into his own that's when you'll have a chance. Future ballon D'or nominee that boy.

Heh heh, I only meant next season. I can't say beyond that Chief.
For what it's worth, if you keep Alexis, he'll do you proud again for sure

It really depends on many factors. I was almost certain that he would go to Bayern or PSG, namely bayern. But even Bayern won't pay his huge wages so that tells me he's not even willing to take a smaller pay rise to almost certainly be in the semi final/final of the CL for the next 3 seasons.

I dont think he'll stay here for one more season and leave on a free knowing he could get 300k a week out of us. So it is genuinely him staying with us or him leaving to another premier league club.

I'm just glad we can pay his huge wage demands these days otherwise I would 100% be resigned to him leaving.

IF he stays with us and we make the correct aquasitions (done well so far) then I think we'll challenge for the title but only if he stays as well. Those two are huge IF's when it comes to Arsenal though.

Fair post, I do genuinely see him signing a new contract with Arsenal, Lacazette is a great start and if you quickly follow it up with a couple more great signings then he may just think that progress will be made and sign a very lucrative 4 year contract.

For me it's 50/50 as Arsenal will be creating a hornets nest selling him-the last thing the club needs is hostility when this could well be your most important season for some time, if the atmosphere is toxic then it will surely affect the team on and off the pitch.

I'm more interested in seeing who maybe the back up if it doesn't come off , make no mistake Pep has to deliver for us this coming season- we can't go into it light in the goal scoring department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.